Hate Will Never Win

Hate Will Never Win

Love is our most powerful weapon.

21
Youth

Peace is not something you wish for… It’s something you make, something you do, something you are and something you give away. ~John Lennon

In the wake of these terrible tragedies this past weekend, we must be reminded that love is our most powerful weapon. Peace in the face of adversity is the most cherished possession. Love conquers all. It cures the hate and soothes worry. Acting in kindness is important in a time like this. The anger and the blame are understandable. We want answers, need reassurance and wish there was something we all could have done differently to prevent the killings. But we have to recognize now that instead of being incredibly negative and spinning these events in certain ways in order to help ourselves, we must simply…love.

As was said by the amazing Mr. James Corden at the Tony Awards, “Hate will never win!” We must show those who want to hurt us that we come together and fight back. It will take a long time to rebuild the community of Orlando after all the sadness. There will be anger, fear and confusion for many years. This weekend will go down in infamy. But we can rise as a nation to protect our brothers and sisters. Take care of each other, say “I love you” often and always show compassion for every human being even if they are different from your family. Be tolerant of things like race, ethnicity, religion, and sexual orientation. Even if you don’t agree with someone’s lifestyle or choices of how they want to live their life, still be accepting.

The senseless violence of these past few days has me in shock. So many young lives in their prime have been lost. This reminds us that just about anything can happen at any time. But that does not mean we shouldn’t live every day to its fullest. Fear is what these events usually accumulate to but we cannot hide. Love fearlessly. Give your all every single day. Tomorrow isn’t guaranteed. Live your life the way you want no matter what happens in the world.

To the victims of these two tragedies, I love you. I may not have known you, but I still love you. I hope you are all in a better place. I’m sorry your lives were cut painfully short. These senseless acts shouldn’t have happened. Your families are in a horrible position and there are no words. We are all grieving with them. Rest in peace now that you are free of the world that was cruel to you. And Christina, your music, and talent have inspired so many young voices to speak out. We all love you sweet girl. You are an absolutely beautiful angel.

In a time when violence is rampant and seemingly endless, we have to remember to love. We can’t allow our anger to engulf what little humanity we have left. As a nation, we’ve got to love. Show our compassion for others, not react so angrily. No need to add fuel to an ever-burning fire. Let’s show all who want to anger us that we can react with kindness instead of animosity. We have to treat our neighbors how we want to be treated. Loving others is important in times of sadness and despair. By helping someone, you increase your own self-worth and self-esteem. By being kind you show the world that altruism is the key to unlocking someone else’s potential.

Love others unconditionally. Always have each other’s backs. Be tolerant.

Our hearts are with you, Orlando.