Reasons Why I Hate Callie Torres

A Timeline Of Reasons Why I Hate Callie Torres From 'Grey's Anatomy'

She is self-absorbed and has too much me mentality and it rots all of her relationships and the people that she leaves are left still cleaning up after her.

4009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDSvL9trtZ4

Calliope Torres always has been me mentality person. Filled with the pride of her riches and self-absorbed attitude she constantly throughout her time on the show downward spiraled through each relationship she was in. Why? She should have been in therapy for herself not to fix others. The problem Callie was never George, Hans, Arizona, or Penny, no, it was herself.

Introduction to Callie. 

Underwear dancing in her illegal basement of the hospital home....

I liked Calliope at first. This full figured, weird, and self-loving human seemed like a great addition to the cast and in George's (my favorite character at the time) love life. However, Callie quickly devolved into a ME ME ME person and there was a lot of inconsistencies in her backstory and character. Callie seemed to be this rock n roll hardcore chick. Until she was suddenly volatile, emotional, with standard family Catholic goals. There was also the issue of money. She lived in the hospital basement since she was always there and it was cheaper.

However, it is later revealed that due to her father's deep pockets Callie can afford a $1,000+ dollar a night hotel room. So after that little rich child fact came into the light of day, the other facts including that she was illegally living in a hospital because it was cheaper seemed to not add up anymore. Also, the new Callie seemed to not worry about money at all. It was as though everything was handed to her and when things got rough or not fun anymore she yelled or fought until the person on the opposing side was beaten into submission.

BISEXUALITY. 

Redeeming Quality and A Good Story Line

Post George scandal and breakup, Callie had a great storyline for a brief time via Hans. Her budding relationship with Erika Hans created a new layer to Callie that irrigated away from the rich intitled self-involved attitude we had come to expect from Callie. Her finding her way through this new world or spectrum of sexuality with her partner was unexpected but perfect. Callie really found herself here and she was very tolerable as a person. This, of course, all changed after Hans left and Callie went back to the old Callie. It makes sense that she reverted as George leaves and then this new love leaves her as well just as she was finding contentment with herself. However much it makes sense, I still don't like what she put Arizona through.

Arizona.

I loved their relationship but.....

I absolutely love Arizona Robbins. Love her. I stan her. I even stanned her relationship with Callie at first. However cute and adorable her life was with Callie it all seemed to crack and fall apart once things were getting too comfortable goodness between the two of them. Like most relationships, they were tested. Things were going great and Arizona and Callie were in that lovely cute love stage where it seems like they can take on anything. Then in almost passing comment, their first real battle would begin. Babies. Arizona didn't want to have children. For good reason that would make sense in a few later episodes.

For starters, her big brother died at a very young age from an unexpected incident that really no one could prevent. Since then she has wanted to be able to help children so that no family would have to experience what her family did. Although that was her goal, in peds you have to be "hardcore" and sometimes you can't save them all. Arizona in her many years she saw a lot of kids she couldn't save and decided that she would not bring a child into her life that had the plausibility that she wouldn't be able to save. Callie being Callie could not understand that and kept pressing the issue which caused this huge rift between the two of them.

Like a miracle, Callie seems to cave just when a new problem surfaces. A tremendous life-changing opportunity for Arizona arrives and Callie is not having it. In attempts to be supportive Callie rips apart the opportunity every step of the way. Making snide comments that she tries to brush off as jokes. They finally arrive at the airport and Arizona has had enough. It makes sense all that fighting caused this toxic rift between the two of them and Callie was not getting what she wanted. How could she? So Arizona called the whole thing off in attempts to have them both succeed. Callie, of course, saw this as Arizona leaving her and poor pitiful Callie hurt again. So on the first night of her alone, she sleeps with Mark again. Causing the baby issue to be null and void when Arizona quickly comes home to get her girl back.

What does Arizona do? She grovels at a slammed shut door for the women who immediately slept with her "best friend" and got pregnant with the baby that she always wanted that Arizona couldn't give her. Arizona is rightfully mad but goes with it in order to keep Callie. After that their relationship is a series of toxic fights and selects a few good moments. They make it by Arizona caving at every fight. This makes it so Arizona loses herself along the way. Not only that but she loses a leg and that completely changes her even further. They make it through it seems. But that toxic part of their relationship is still there underneath.

Until finally once Arizona is finally back of her feet she begins to act out. I am not condoning what she did. Although she did continued to try to push that horrid woman off but the woman kept pressing. Arizona cheated but I believe she cheated because she needed one thing that she could be selfish about. Since in their relationship she never got to be the selfish one. Not with children, not with Africa, not with Mark, not with her own leg really (aside from a few months), and not with Sofia.

After they seem to get over all their issues and come back together after Callie calls it quits and then suddenly decides they should get back together they go to counseling and Callie doesn't take the counseling at all serious. Arizona is the one who really tries. Then once they finally make it through that incredibly dumb task they were assigned CALLIE CALLS IT QUITS RIGHT AFTER ARIZONA TOLD HER HOW MUCH SHE LOVES HER!!!! OH BUT THAT'S NOT ALL!

Everything she ever wanted...until it wasn't.

Honestly I think her relationship with Mark was good and weird.

Callie had everything she could have ever wanted. Her father approved of her man in a sandstorm wife. She had a beautiful daughter. She has almost unlimited funds. She had Mark. She had Arizona. She had Meredith as her best friend. She decided to call it all off. She decided that. She divorced Arizona. She moved on quickly right in front of Arizona. Even going so far as to say I am taking our daughter with me to New York to raise her with my new fantastic pretty Penny. Basically even post their breakup Callie was still calling all the shots and expecting for everything to go her way. Guess what spoiler alert IT STILL DOES GO HER WAY!!!

She's Gone But Not Forgotten...

She might be gone but she still is an issue.

Callie leaves the show after a custody battle with Arizona over her leaving with Sofia to live in New York. In real life- though I do think that there is no way Arizona would have won but I was glad she did win. Since Penny had barely been a part of Sofia's life and shouldn't have had to suddenly be made a mother while winning an unbelievable opportunity to study medicine. That was unfair.

I mean imagine you're a resident who already works past exhaustion, you get an even more strenuous research task/award and when you do come however you have a six-year-old and your very needy woman to deal with. That seems not fun or fair. Also taking Sofia away without much conversation with Arizona was already feeling excluded, not fair. But after winning full custody what does the queen Arizona do? Gives in to Callie and allows Sofia to leave and be raised by Penny and Callie in New York...all the way across the country.

In short, I don't like Callie. She basically throws fits until the people she loves all cave in and go with what she wants. Honestly, she must have had one heck of a rich girl pout growing up since she gets it all all the time. Relationships are a give and take. They are hard. However, one person should not be the one that gives all the time. Sure Callie let Arizona grieve for a while over the loss of her leg but that was expected to get over with soon and when it wasn't Callie made it well known she wasn't happy with it.

You should be allowed to grieve and grow. You should be allowed to have your way some of the time. If your partner can't come to an agreement then it's okay to call it quits. Honestly, I think it would have been better if Callie and Arizona had called it before when they both wanted different things i.e not wanting and wanting a family. They should have ended it then. They were toxic. Cute and adorable but toxic.