I Used To Hate Ariana Grande But When I Gave Her A Chance? She Snatched My Edges

I decided to give her the shot she deserves. What I found was astonishing.

659
Ariana Grande

I admit it. I was a hater.

I used to be one of those people who said, "Ariana Grande? She sucks. She can't even annunciate. Her music is typical pop trash."

Little did I know, right?

I stumbled upon one of her songs on one late night last year when I was studying. It was around the time when everyone was still hype about Childish Gambino's "Redbone." Anyway, I liked to listen to the 70's remix on YouTube while I was studying, but I HATED YouTube's autoplay feature, so I always turned it off.

This time around, I forgot to do it, so the next song played right after. Low and behold, it was an 80's remix to Ariana Grande's "Into You." OOOK, KILLER REMIX.

From that point on, the original version of "Into You" was the only Ariana Grande song I listened to for a while. But I just really started getting into her music when I followed my boyfriend's cousin on Twitter (definitely follow him, he's funny AF) and he started talking about how Ariana Grande "snapped" in multiple of her songs. So I decided to give her the shot she deserves. What I found was astonishing.

Here are five times Ariana Grande snatched my edges.

5. "Touch It"

I mostly like this song for music, not really the lyrics. I love the beat drop at about 40 seconds in, and I love how Ariana flawlessly can go falsetto. Because I know damn right that I can't do that. ALSO, my annunciation comment is debunked because I can literally hear every word she says in this song CLEARLY. I feel like this is one of the Ariana songs that don't get enough credit. Like yeah, sure songs like, "One Last Time" and "Side to Side" are good, but what about the songs that show off her vocals like this one? Amazing.

"Why don't we face the danger just for one night and forget?"

4. "Moonlight"

Well... this song definitely debunked my "typical pop trash" statement. This song reminds me of a lazy Saturday night when you're about to go to sleep next to someone that you love a lot. It sounds so sweet and innocent. I love how she personifies the boy that she loves as "moonlight." And honestly, that is such a compliment. Moonlight in the darkness of the night gives us comfortability and the ability to go out of our comfort zone. This song just sounds like a lullaby that lulls babies to sleep and I think that's significant because it sounds like innocent love. The type of love without abuse or hardships. It's the type of love that we all strive for. Love that is wholesome, beautiful, and everlasting.

"I kiss his fingertips as I'm wishing he's all mine. He's giving me Elvis, with some James Dean in his eyes."

3. "Thinking Bout You"

Another song that makes me feel SOOO good inside!!!!!!!! Why don't they play these songs on the radio???? I would honestly jam in my car and possibly get into a car accident from jamming so hard. I feel like none of her songs sound exactly the same. They have amazing vibes and this is the perfect love song. I also love the bridge at the end when her voice goes into a minor key and then it goes back to the music from the chorus and you can't hear Ariana's vocals in the background. MASTERPIECE.

"Now you love me so good. I wish you would hurry up and come back"

2. "I Don't Care"

This one, like "Moonlight" has a lot of the slower vibes, but this one is totally different. Whereas "Moonlight" was about innocent love, "I Don't Care," is about being a bad bitch and not caring about what other people care because you're confident in yourself and what you can do. I LOVE THIS SONG. I remember that I listened to this song for the first time while taking a shower at my dorm and it was so good that I almost slipped out of my shower shoes to replay it.

Once again, her vocals are literally goals. And what I like about it is that she purposefully made this song slower and non-poppy so that way people can actually hear the lyrics and be like, "damn, she really doesn't care." This is for all those Ariana Grande haters, record labels, and guys in her life who wanted to control her. But she's having NONE OF THAT.

"Now I laugh about the things that used to be important to me, that used to have a hold on me, used to have a hold; like what you think, and what he thinks, and what he thinks . . . but I love me."

1. "Bad Decisions"

OOOOK, MAYBE SHE SNAPPED???????

OK, I love songs that let people know that love isn't always frilly and cute and that 50's bullcrap that people make it out to be (cue: 500 Days of Summer and every Tumblr post about love). Some love is WILD and CRAZY and I love seeing Ariana snap like this. It's love that defies all the rules of society and you don't care, because you're with someone who you don't mind doing it with. It's a perfect Bonnie & Clyde type of song... without all the killing and robberies. I like it because it reminds me of another song my best friend gave to me a little while back by Hunter Hayes (it's a country song, don't hate), and it's just about wild, stupid, and crazy love: the kind of love you'd sacrifice a lot for.

"We got that hood love. We got that good love. We got that hot love. We got that 'I don't give a what' love"