Harvard-Yale And The Game

Harvard-Yale And The Game

27
Harvard-Yale And The Game
Harvard Athletics

As Thanksgiving nears, there are many different football rivalries and games to look forward to. One of the biggest, Harvard-Yale, or more affectionally known as "The Game", is one of the biggest games in New England collegiate football.The Harvard-Yale football rivalry is one of the oldest in the country and has been played since 1897. Each year, The Game rotates between the Harvard Stadium in Cambridge, MA and the Yale Bowl in New Haven, CT.

Going into the matchup, Harv is 8-1 thisseason and has won The Game for the last eight years. With its 22-game win streak brokenby Penn in a startling upset this past weekend, Harvard is is more determined than ever to close the season with a resounding win over their longtime rivals. Harvard has won the Ivy League title an astounding sixteen times, most recently in 2014 and they hopeto bring some hardware back to Cambridge this season. Led at the helm by Coach Tim Murphy, the Crimson have gone 16-5 in The Game. Harvard has had a tradition of success on the football field and this season seems to be another winning year. Harvard will be led on the field by players such as senior quarterback Scott Hosch, senior running back Paul Stanton Jr, and senior tight end Ben Braunecker.

Yale, on the other hand, has gone 6-3 this season, with losses to Dartmouth, Columbia, and Penn. The Bulldogs are led by head coach Tony Reno who assumed the head coaching position in 2012. To add a bit of fuel to the Harv-Yale rivalry, Reno was a former special teams coordinator for the Crimson from 2009-2011 under Murphy. The Bulldogs will be led on the field by players such as senior quarterback Morgan Roberts and sophomore running back Deshawn Salter.

Not only is The Game known for itsfootball, there has been a tradition of different pranks during games that have caught much attention. In 2004, Yale students dressed up as Harvard students, handed out placards that when put together spelled out "We Suck." In 1933, Yale's "Handsome Dan" was kidnapped. MIT has even gotten in on the fun, creating stunts of their own during The Game.

As The Game takes place next weekend in New Haven, it will be an entertaining game and the close of the season for both teams. Will Harvard beat Yale for the ninth time in a row, or will the Elis upset the Crimson in the season finale? Tune in next weekend to find out!