Harry Styles Is Back

Harry Styles Is Back

... and better than ever.

10
harry styles in concert
personal photo

Yes, you heard that right. He's back and better than ever. A month has passed since his release of "Lights Out," but so much more is yet to come. He is supposed to make an appearance on Saturday Night Live, his second solo album is set to release in December, and his tour is supposed to start in April of 2020. So, with all of this in mind here are a few reasons as to why I'm seriously fangirling.

First of all, if you are unaware of who Harry Styles is, let me inform you. He was a member of the English-Irish boy band One Direction. They were formed in 2010 on the X-Factor, placed third, and went on to sign a record label. From there they produced the bubble-gum pop hit "What Makes You Beautiful" from there "Up All Night" album. Afterward they went on to create four more albums which also came with four world tours. In 2015, Zayn Malik left which lead up to the indefinite hiatus of the band that began in 2016.

Obviously, with the hiatus, each member went on to create solo careers. Zayn was the first to begin his solo career and still creates music with an alternative R&B twist. Shortly after, Liam Payne and Niall Horan followed suit with their own styles. Liam is trying his own at Hip-Hop while Niall is producing music that has a Singer-Songwriter feel.

Lastly, Louis Tomlinson and Harry came out with their brands. Louis produces Electronic Dance Music and Harry is very much committed to Rock. I think that it is great that they are all doing their own thing while still remaining relatively popular.

This brings me as to why Harry Styles has stuck with me since middle school. First off, he seems to have grown into his own. His confidence on stage has grown immensely. Which brings me to my second point - his sense of fashion.

The Met-Gala co-host never seems to disappoint. Every time he walks out onto stage he is covered in head-to-toe Custom Gucci or Calvin Klein suits. Each suit is embellished in rhinestones and fringe. It's like if Mick Jagger and Elton John had a lovechild.

His music is also a vital part of why I love him. His first album only has ten songs, but I have been listening to all ten since 2017. Each one is filled with gorgeous harmonies and the "Should we just search romantic comedies on Netflix and see what we find?" gets me every time.

Don't even get me started on Ever Since New York. His upcoming album, "Fine Line," sounds like it might have just taken the 1970's and rolled it up into a twelve-song album, or at least that's what the Rolling Stones article, "The Eternal Sunshine of Harry Styles" made it sound like.

Another reason why I am excited for his comeback is that he just released tour dates for his upcoming tour "Love on Tour." I had the opportunity to see him on his last tour, "Harry Styles: Live on Tour." It was absolutely phenomenal and I had the time of my life.

He sang Fleetwood Mac, Ariana Grande, One Direction, and of course his own discography. Not only does he sound amazing live, but he put on such a loving and entertaining concert. I specifically remember singing along to "What Makes You Beautiful" while he danced on stage with a pride flag. Again, it was a concert of love and happiness.

Even if you aren't or wasn't the biggest fan of One Direction, I recommend checking each one of them out. It's crazy how a band or a group of people forces you to fit a mold. However, once the mold is broken they do what they want to sing for the audience. Anyways, Harry Styles is back and his 1970's aesthetic is here to stay.