14 Times "Harry Potter" Totally Related To Midterms

When Professor Snape told the class to turn to page 394, he was obviously just trying to help them study for midterms.

70
Harry Potter Wiki

We're finally just over halfway through the semester, which means midterms just ended. Midterms are usually hard enough as it is, but this years absolutely made my head spin. If yours went anything like mine, here are a few Harry Potter gifs that sum up exactly how we felt these during these trying times.

1. When you find out you have two finals on the same day

WHO DOES THIS? Do our professors all get together and say, "Okay so we'll put the Calculus and Biology tests on the same day, and the French and English midterms should be the same day, too."?? It's like they're trying to kill fail us.

2. When your professor tells you that your midterm isn't comprehensive

We all have that one really awesome professor. You know, the one who decides to let a regular old exam serve as the midterm so you don't have to go back and re-study those notes from the first week of school? Yeah, that professor is the bomb. Every professor should be that professor.

3. When it's almost time for the midterm but you still haven't started studying

All Some of us are procrastinators. You've probably known since syllabus week that your accounting midterm was going to be on October 12, but did that motivate you to start studying early? Nope. You procrastinated and broke out the notes the night before the test and tried your best to cram.

4. When you have to multitask to optimize your study time

You've been studying and cramming for that test that is less than twelve hours away and you realize you're starving. You don't have time to leave your books and have a proper meal. So what do you do? Multitask. Hold your book in one hand and your Jimmy Johns sandwich in the other, and try not to take a bite out of the wrong one.

5. When you've been studying so long you quit retaining any information

You're going on your sixth hour of cell division and the new information has stopped sticking. You can't remember the last thing you read, and you're barely retaining the fact that the mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell. So you start banging your head against the wall to try to - honestly i'm not sure why we do this, but I feel like it helps.

6. When you can't decide whether to give up and sleep or keep going and study

Should you stay awake longer and study more but risk being delusional and exhausted while you're taking the test and forgetting all the information you stayed up studying for? Or should you go ahead and go to sleep and be well rested for the test but not know as much as you probably could know? Decisions, decisions...

7. When you studied for hours and you finally finish

Alright, you've studied for as long as you can keep your eyes open. Not even all the 5 Hour Energy drinks on campus could keep you awake any longer. If you don't get in the bed right this second, you'll probably fall asleep during your test. And that would be a total travesty.

8. When the test is timed and you realize you have 10 minutes left

PANIC HAS SET IN. You're hyperventilating. You can feel your face turning red and your back starting to nervous sweat. The pencil in your hand starts shaking from the fear and exhaustion. How are you suppose to correctly answer fifteen more questions in ten more minutes? Whose idea was it to time this thing?

9. When you finally find a question you know the answer to

After studying all those hours, it's about time you knew something on this test. A rush of relief falls over you as you realize you won't make a zero on this test because you got at least one question right.

10. When you realize you probably failed that test

So that one question probably didn't save you. It's time to start working out how to tell your parents that you're probably just going to flunk out and come back home and sleep on their couch very disappointed with yourself and promise them you'll do better on the next test. They won't be to happy, but this probably isn't the first (or the last) time they got a call like this from you.

11. When you try to convince yourself it's going to be okay

So you don't think you did well, but that's okay. Because even if you failed this exam, you made a B on the first one and if you make A's on the next two you can definitely come out of this class with at least a B. Right? RIGHT??

12. When you finish your last midterm

IT'S OVER, IT'S FINALLY OVER. You can stop with the insane study hours and trying to cram two months of material into your brain because midterms are over. It's time to sit back and relax. Take a deep breath and a shower. It's been a long week, and you deserve some R&R.

13. When you're already on edge from stress and sleep deprivation and someone starts getting on your nerves

There is a very real possibility that if your roommate tries to talk to you while you're trying to catch up on all the sleep you missed, you might fight him. It's taking everything you've got not to snap at every person who you think just looked at you the wrong way. Everyone is exhausted, and everyone is in a bad mood.

14. When you get your grades back and you actually passed that test you thought you failed

You did all that worrying and stressing for no reason. You got your test back, and not only did you pass, you got a pretty solid grade. Now that's something to cheer about. And you can finally relax... At least until finals week.