Harry Potter: The Prequel 'Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them'

Harry's back! Well, sort of ...

17

Last week, the Harry Potter-spinoff movie, "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them," premiered during the MTV Movie Awards. This is a screenplay written by none other than the queen herself, J.K. Rowling.

Originally, "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" was mentioned in the Harry books on their school book list, and J.K. Rowling released under the pseudonym of Newt Scamander (who wrote the book within the series), some time after the publication of the final Harry Potter novel. As a long-standing Potterhead since the age of eight, this trailer gave me so many emotions. I was taken back to the excitement of my childhood, of the magic where it all began, and so was everyone else from what I've seen.

1. Opening Scene and Music: It’s like you can almost taste the magic adventure you’re about to go on for the first time all over again.

2. Eddie Redmeyne: (Just look at his adorable face!)

3. Vivid flashback feelings of your younger years in the Harry Potter fandom.

4. Mention of Hogwarts: It's our home!

5. Albus Dumbledore name drop: Albus Dumbledore (Nothing happens without Dumbledore, some way or another).If Micheal Gambon ever makes an appearance, I will most likely lose my mind.

6. All the magic! It's just the coolest thing ever to see magic again! It never gets old.

7. Hedwig's theme! The Harry Potter anthem basically, if you didn't catch on.

Both GIFs above are accurate representations of me when I first saw this trailer. I really was crying like that.

8. When you realize you have to wait until November to see it and don't think you can possibly make it that long.

9. The emotional journey you just went on and will continue to go on until the movie comes out (and maybe after) reminds you why you fell in love with Harry Potter in the first place.

No, this can't replace the empty gap in our hearts that was filled with Harry, Ron, Hermione and co. But, this is definitely something to not be missed. After all, who else can say that their spin-off movies are going to be (hopefully) just as good as the original?

We have new characters to fall in love with and to root for, new adventures and new places to see, and all with the same elements that we've come to know and love in the original "Harry Potter" films. This is just what came before, and perhaps most people are able to view the backstory of magical history in a new kind of light. This could also be the reason that Hagrid isn't allowed magical pets and perhaps, we may find out what a Nargle is after all.

If you haven't seen the trailer yet, what are you waiting for?