Is “Harry Potter Go” A Possibility?

Is “Harry Potter Go” A Possibility?

Another fan series could get their own version of the "Pokemon Go" app.

14
Is “Harry Potter Go” A Possibility?
YouTube

The smartphone app “Pokemon Go” has been swarming the masses this summer, but what if it were aimed at fans of a different popular series?

Harry Potter fans just may be getting their own version of “Pokemon Go.”

According to gamenguide.com, Harry Potter Go was "conceptualized by a fan and was released to Stargaze Media".

Rather than hunting Pokemon, you could be using a wand to hunt fantastic magical beasts and collect famous witch and wizard cards.

“Accio Harry Potter Go…”, a petition for the app, is nearing their 55 thousand supporter goal. Gamenguide talks with the creator of the petition, Ashtyn Hannon, a 23-year-old Potterhead. Hannon has not played “Pokemon Go” but would quickly consider a Harry Potter version.

Hannon updated the petition with Stargaze Media's "Harry Potter Go" trailer about two weeks ago.

Not only is Pokemon back, but the Harry Potter series is back for a new generation.

J.K. Rowling released the newest book in the Harry Potter series, “Harry Potter and the Cursed Child” almost a month ago. It is the eighth story set nineteen years later and is the script to a play currently being performed to crowds of Potterheads in London. “Harry Potter and the Cursed Child” shares the story of Harry Potter and his son Albus as he struggles to follow in his famous father’s footsteps.

The Wizarding World is also getting a new addition without the Potter family with the film “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them”. Rowling will share the story of writer Newt Scamander in New York's secret community of witches and wizards seventy years before Harry Potter reads his book in school. “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” will be in theaters November 18th.

These brands have made their impact on older generations and now younger kids have the same opportunity. “Pokemon Go” has swept the nation from baby boomers to young children roaming around capturing Pokemon of all kinds.

Potterheads could get that same chance in the future, an entire wizarding world within their smartphone.