Hard Rock Stadium Rocked Miami for Superbowl LIV

Kansas City Chiefs come away with the trophy - YAY Chiefs!

10
pexels.com

Though I was pulling for Kansas City, I have to admit a bit of disappointment as I approached this year's bowl as my team was not the one there, as many others no doubt understand. The game, however, did not disappoint, as the score stayed very close throughout the game, and then the Chiefs just seemed to break out and really shine.

We spent the first half of the game at our neighbor's house, celebrating with about 17 other people. Of course, there was tons of food, displayed beside football utensil holders, football paper plates and napkins, footballs everywhere! I really enjoy this time with friends - excitement flooding the atmosphere, and talk of who will win and why. I got to know a few of my neighbors I had not yet met and talk with them about what they do and if they love football, or just were there because they love getting together with their neighbors. I am a mixture of both.

I did not always enjoy football, but decided to really make the effort to understand the game knowing that my husband enjoyed it so much. Though I grew up with four brothers and tossing the football in the backyard before the game every Superbowl Sunday unless it was just pouring rain or snow, I really did not understand the individual players' jobs and all the calls and penalties. My idea of football was fun outside tossing the ball with my brothers who believe it or not taught me how to kick it straight and a pretty good distance for a petite little girl amongst brothers who would dwarf a much larger female. My brothers were natural athletes, and though I grew up a tomboy, (though a small, petite one), my claim to fame was getting good grades in English class, writing and drawing, and reading. Still, having run behind them almost everywhere they went, I tried to keep up with them in the backyard during their pre-game, well, "games." I guess truth be told, I loved my brothers so much and was so proud of them, and just wanted to hang out with them, though they spent much of the year putting frogs in my underwear drawer, throwing pillows at me and my girlfriends who came over for sleepovers, and calling me the tick that stuck to them that was impossible to eradicate.

I was glad for the Kansas City Chiefs to win and enjoyed watching the game and cheering them on. I thought both quarterbacks did an awesome job, and both defenses as well. Mostly, I have to admit, I enjoyed laughing with friends, enjoying some great food, and belonging in a group that loves me just as I am. I love the welcome feeling and the "YAY" texted back to me when I said yep, I could come, hubby did not have to go out of town. I love how my neighbor lets me know in that little way that it would not be the same if I were not there (even if that is not true), although I do always bring chocolate, and who does not need that, right?!

I hope you had a chance to watch the game, and I hope you got to spend some time with friends who make you feel that way too. I believe that is the picture of the kind of love God talked about when he told us to love our neighbors. It sure makes for a life that is Superbowl fun!