Happy "What If"s

Happy "What If"s

What if you decided not to leave your house on the day your life changed?

2
Happy "What If"s
Carolina Caceres

I often think about the "what if's" of life. Not really that sad, regretful ones, but more so the happy ones. If you really think about it, everything that happens is brought about by other things, whether we notice them or not. What if the things that led to the other things never happened? Would your life be completely different? I'm going to stop using the word "things" and use real examples.

A little over a year ago, I attended an event called Pressplay for the first time. I went alone because my friend who was going with me felt sick. I was nervous and, honestly, almost didn't go. I ended up deciding to go, and I am so glad I did. Within the first hour of being there, I introduced myself to the three girls who were volunteering at the event. I am usually pretty shy, so this was a little out of character, but I wanted to make friends there so I wasn't alone. The girls and I talked for a while and ended hanging out later that weekend. After that weekend, I didn't know if I'd ever see them again considering they live in Fort Lauderdale and Orlando.

Today, a year later, those girls are three of my best friends. We text everyday and we've even travelled together. In the last year, we've gone to events in Tampa, Orlando, and even New Jersey together. We've been to concerts together, and we've even gotten into a car accident together (No one was hurt, but we definitely bonded while we waited over six hours for a police officer.).

I'm telling you this story, because if I had let my fear of being alone at that event deter me from going, my life would be incredibly different. I wouldn't have had so many amazing experiences and I wouldn't have met so many new friends that I've met on my adventures with them. I also wouldn't have all of the exciting plans for life that I do. I know that these friends will last for the rest of my life and it's only the beginning of all the places we travel and the adventures we get into.

Like I said, I think about this kind of thing a lot. I love to think of the happy "what if's" in my life, because I believe that everything happens for a reason. I guess, I just want to end this by saying that you should trust to your gut and if you have a strong feeling about something, listen to it! (Unless it's like doing something really dangerous...then maybe don't listen too much.)

PS: Shoutout to Val, Brit, Alana, and Kristina! I love you guys<3