Happy Birthday, America!

Happy Birthday, America!

You've finally made it to the big 2-4-0!!

4
Happy Birthday, America!
darrowmillerandfriends.com

Dear America,

Happy birthday!! You barely look a day over 30. You have changed so much in the past 240 years, from your rapidly changing childhood to your current mid-life crisis.

When you were first born out of the Declaration of Independence 240 years ago today, you were a small confederation of 13 states, and now you’re a sizable nation of 50 states. As soon as you were born you were thrown into a tumultuous childhood; most know it as the Articles of Confederation. Those were a rough 12 years, but a good learning experience. You learned that having independent states with a weak national government would not work at all. Also, you had no way of raising money to pay for anything that was needed, but luckily you ended up changing significantly during your adolescent years, when you continued to grow both mentally and physically.

During your lengthy teen years, you grew in many different ways. Physically you grew by winning wars as well as by purchasing land. Also, you got a new philosophy from your new constitution; this led to a stronger national government with more power, including the power to tax. You could finally buy that new Capital you had wanted with the big White House you loved. However, there were also some rough times during this period of your life. You tried to split into two separate countries due to a major dispute between the north and the south over states’ rights, which led to one of the worst wars in American history. In the end you agreed to end the war and the north won, meaning the south had to make some concessions, and in the end you reconnected and became friends again. Over the next couple of years you finished reconstructing your relationship and became a very strong nation.

Then you began a new relationship with the United Kingdom. Eventually you got married in the early 1900s, however there was a significant age difference between the two of you, but that didn’t make a difference for you.

Years later, tense times began in your neighborhood between you and the Soviet Union as you had different, conflicting ways of running your homes. But all of your friends stood by you, and in the end the Soviet Union lost the battle and everyone was peaceful for the most part.

Now, as you prepare to enter the next stage of your life, your midlife crisis has begun as you try to decide where to go next on your life journey as you have to decide between, Hillary and Donald. Which will it be, only time will tell, but all I can say is that I hope you make the right choice. But either way, we, the people, will still love you. Here’s to a great 240 years, and another 240 years. �Anyways, happy birthday, America!

From,

Me