Happiness Is Far More Valuable Than Money

Money has a limit; happiness doesn't.

85

Why does it seem like many people with high paying jobs are so unhappy? It's simple - money can't buy happiness. You could have an unlimited amount of money yet still have a void in your life that you can't seem to fill. Happiness is not a tangible object with a price tag. Money has a limit; happiness doesn't.

The world will try to tell you what careers are desirable and what careers are not. For example, I want to be a teacher. My passion is helping others, and I feel as though teaching would be a great career for me. The world seems to discourage teacher careers simply due to the salary. Here's my thought process: if no one cared enough to teach us, how would we learn? My passion for teaching outweighs a desire for things like a big house and a new car.

You make the most of your life when you're doing what you love. If you want to live your best life, don't let the world dictate your future. You pave your own path, so don't be afraid to choose a path that doesn't necessarily lead to wealth. Pursue your passion, and don't let anyone stop you. If you want to be a teacher, then be a teacher. If you've always dreamed of becoming a policeman, then bring that dream into reality.

If your passion leads you to become a doctor, then you have the best of both worlds when it comes to money and happiness. Don't get me wrong - many people who work high paying jobs are very happy. I simply want to emphasize that happiness is far more valuable than money, and some people are out in the world working jobs that bring in money but take away happiness.

You may not even realize you're choosing money over happiness. If you work a high paying job that demands the majority of your day, you don't spend as much time with your family. The less time you spend with your family, the more unhappy they become. This ultimately leads to your unhappiness. It's an endless cycle that eventually affects every aspect of your life.

Kate Spade recently committed suicide. She was a woman whose name everyone recognized, and she was extremely wealthy. Clearly, there was a void in her life that she could never seem to fill. Robin Williams is another very famous and very wealthy example. He was an incredible actor, and it seemed as though he was very happy with his life. However, he proved that he wasn't happy with his life when he committed suicide. They both put on facades in order to mask their unhappiness and please others.

Some people who seem to have everything wake up in the mornings hating their lives and dread going to work. Other people who live average or even below average lives wake up excited for a new day and ready to go to work. Which kind of person will you be?