To Anyone Who Has Ever Had to Deal With Me When I’m Hungry

“Sorry for what I said when I was hungry” - Gabriel Iglesias

364
Instagram

If you know me, you know my hungry mood. The mood where I’m irritated and extra sassy for what seems like no apparent reason. Funny thing is, sometimes I don’t even realize it’s because I’m hungry, everything is just SO ANNOYING. I can’t talk to anyone. I can’t look at anyone. I can’t be near anyone. The only thing I can think of comparing myself to when I’m hungry is a gremlin… and not the cute version. But then I get food, do a little happy dance and it’s all good. Is that dramatic? Yes. Yes it is.

So, why does this happen? Well. Sometimes I forget to eat. You’re probably thinking, “WHAT? WHO FORGETS TO EAT??” Don’t get me wrong, I love food. But you see, on days I have a lot of classes or other things to do that take up big blocks of my day it can be hard to find the time. Other times I’m too stubborn to admit my mood is because of food and don’t want to listen to the people telling me what to do. I know, that’s bad. We’re working on it.

I’m pretty sure everyone in my friends and family has seen this happen. I started bringing snacks with me to class just in case. I make sure I eat a good breakfast on days I know I won’t be able to get to a dining hall for at least four hours since apparently, I must eat every 2-3 hours or else. But those rare moments do happen. So when they do watch out and don’t take it personally.

I’d like to say thank you to all the people who don’t question why my mood literally plummets into an abyss of aggravation with myself and the world around me and instead try to solve the problem. Thank you to my mom for always getting snacks/lunch when we’re out shopping. Thank you for my dad for passing down this wonderful personality trait upon me. (Don’t try and tell me you aren’t like this too, okay.)

Consider this a formal apology to anyone that has had to deal with my hangriness. It’s not you, it’s my hungry alter ego. She’s ruthless when it comes to her food. All you have to do is place a food item in front of her and wait. Sometimes she’ll insist she’s not hungry and try to refuse it for whatever reason but more likely than not, it’ll be gone in a few minutes. Don’t let her fool you.