Halloween Events in Orlando

If You're As Obsessed With Halloween As I Am, Here Are 5 Events In The Orlando Area You Cannot Miss

It's finally Fall, so let's get spooky.

154
Kendall Tamer

Summer is officially over, and October is almost here. So, for those of you who couldn't get into the early spooky spirit with the rest of us Halloween Lovers back in August, well, now is the time! Hallowseason could not be more officially here. Starbucks is selling pumpkin spice lattes again, the stores are flooded with candy and decor, and the official first day of Fall was September 22nd. Here are some of the best ways to celebrate the season if you're visiting or living in the Orlando area!

1. Halloween Horror Nights. 

encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com

This is my personal favorite of the events that take place in the Orlando area during Halloween season. It's located only in the Universal Studios section of the park, not Islands of Adventure. This year is the 28th consecutive year of the event, and it features some familiar named like "The Purge", "Stranger Things", and "The Poltergeist." Event dates are on the weekends from late September to early November, but you can check their website for exact details. One night tickets start at $62.99 before tax, and passes start at $95.99 before tax.

I recommend the Frequent Fear Pass for $106.99 before tax. It includes entry for every night of the event except Saturdays. It does not include Express Pass, but when you can go every night of the event, you don't really need to skip lines and squeeze as much in as you can in one night. You can chill out in the scare zones and enjoy a twisted tater.

2. The Never Ending Nightmare. 

scontent.ftpa1-2.fna.fbcdn.net

The Neverending Nightmare Haunted Attraction is located at 9401 W Colonial Dr 9401 W Colonial D in Ocoee, FL and features scares themed after asylums, disasters, spooky swamps and more. It is a seasonal attraction, like Horror Nights, and is open on every Friday and Saturday in the month of October, and Sundays October 21st and 28th from 7 pm to 11 pm. Parking is free, and general admission is only $13.00 per person.

3. Mortem Manor. 

s3-media1.fl.yelpcdn.com

Mortem manor is an all-year-round haunted attraction, for those of us who need something scary in our lives at all times. They are open Wednesdays and Thursdays from 6 pm to 10 pm, Fridays and Saturday 6 pm to 12 am, and Sundays 6 pm to 11 pm. Admission to the two-story manor is $15.00 before tax, and it is located in Old Town Kissimmee. The address is 5770 W Irolo Bronson Memorial Hwy, and there is a map located on their website.

4. Seaworld's Halloween Spooktacular.

seaworld.scdn3.secure.raxcdn.com

For those of you who may not be as into getting the pants scared off of you, there are tamer options, as well. Seaworld in Orlando does it's own Halloween event called the Halloween Spooktacular. It runs weekends from September 22nd to October 28th, and is included in park admission for the day. The event features Trick-or-Treating, a Halloween dance party, and a Mermaid Meet and Greet, as well as Halloween, themed shows. General admission is $99.99 before tax and parking for children and adults over the age of 10 years.

5. Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. 

www.orlando-florida.net

Everyone knows what Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party is. It's another option for any Halloween lover who isn't a fan of being terrified. This event is only on select dates and fun from around 7 pm to 12 am, but guests can begin entering for the special ticketed event around 4 pm. Ticket prices before parking and tax are about $85.00 for guests ages 3 years and up. The dates start in September and go until Halloween day.

Check their website for exact details on dates and prices because they're affected by "peak" times. There will be trick-or-treating, the famous "Boo to You Parade" featuring the headless horseman, and Halloween themed perimeter fireworks. There is also a Hocus Pocus stage show in front of Cinderella's castle that stars the Sanderson Sisters from the original 1993 Disney film.

So, now that Fall has officially begun, it is time for all people to begin celebrating the wonderful time of year known as Halloween! It can be expensive to frequent the theme parks, but Orlando is known for its attractions, and seasonal events are some of the best times to utilize them. So get ready!