Halloween Is The Best Holiday & Fall Rocks And Nobody Can Change My Mind

There's no debate unfortunately so you can't argue with me.

3
Photo by David Menidrey on Unsplash

Halloween is the best holiday hands down.

When you think of Halloween, one may think of crunching leaves, hot apple cider, and trips to the orchard. Others may think of spooky movies, scary haunted houses, and trick-or-treating. Others may even think of all the cool parties they get to go to. Regardless of what you love, the changing colors and crisp autumn air all make up for the fact that fall and, most importantly, Halloween is the best holiday. I'm going to wrap all these reasons up and tell you why Halloween is the best and fall rocks, no debate.

1. The changing colors

Photo by Ricardo Gomez Angel on Unsplash

The changing colors as we shift to autumn are probably one of the things that make fall and Halloween the best holiday. When you think of Halloween, the colors of the spooky holiday match the outside world we live in. Seeing the leaves falling and the leaves going from a green to a crisp red or orange really make you stop and appreciate nature.

2. The movies

Photo by Robert Zunikoff on Unsplash

I may be bias here, but not only are horror movies amazing, but Halloween horror specials are what makes the holiday what it is. It's the one time of the year most of the population like to watch people getting chopped up or stalked. For me, that's all year round, but the emphasis during spooky season on these awesome movies make the holiday great.

3. Trips to the orchard

Photo by Liana Mikah on Unsplash

There's nothing greater than going to the pumpkin patch and picking up a big pumpkin or even picking fresh apples off the tree. Plus, the pumpkin doughnuts are pretty delicious, too.

4. Getting dressed up

Photo by Steven Libralon on Unsplash

Halloween lets you explore and play with the idea of being something else. Halloween is the one holiday after all where you can dress up as a nurse and not get judged for impersonating a medical professional.

5. The cooler weather

Photo by Dan Gold on Unsplash

To me, there is nothing better than sweater weather. Fall is the one time of the year where you can fully dress in those cute sweaters that have been hiding in the back of your closet without hiding it underneath a puffy winter jacket.

6. Fall break

Photo by Toa Heftiba on Unsplash

This may seem silly, but for stressed out college students fall break comes at a perfect time. Midterms aren't quite a thing yet, so we get to enjoy those few days off before the actual stress of exam prep really kills us.

7. Carving pumpkins

Photo by Kelly Sikkema on Unsplash

Although the majority of us probably stink at carving pumpkins, there is such a nostalgic feeling associated with getting a carving kit from the store, tracing a stencil on the pumpkin, and going to town taking out the guts.

8. Pumpkin everything

Photo by Natalia Y on Unsplash

Although I cannot see the rage over pumpkin spice, I definitely will throw down for a piece of pumpkin pie. Halloween season is the one true time of year where you can get this practically anywhere and won't be judged for obsessing over everything pumpkin.

9. Candles

Photo by Samantha Gades on Unsplash

Another simple joy, but I personally think fall candles are definitely the best smelling candles. There is nothing better than sitting on the couch, wrapped in a knit blanket, smelling your favorite fall candle.

10. Fun times with friends

Photo by NeONBRAND on Unsplash

Whether that's going on a walk to appreciate the changing colors brought on by mother nature or getting all dressed up and going out, visiting a local haunted house, or getting all dressed up as a maid or a slice of pizza, fall and Halloween is a time where the best memories are made.