Guy Social Media vs. Girl Social Media

Guy Social Media vs. Girl Social Media

It goes from makeup tutorials to sports videos real quick.

982
Guy Social Media vs. Girl Social Media
William Iven

Face it, every time we log on to social media there is a great divide. Girl world and guy world but through the eyes of social media. Being on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc, for many years has showed me the difference between guys on social media, and girls on social media.

Girls

The things you'll see on a girls social media is a very wide variety, so prepare yourself.

Makeup

Either makeup tutorials or pictures of makeup in general. Makeup is something that is really trending and it's something that majority girls have in common. We all love makeup, rather you're really good at it or wish you were. We all can agree its art! So may your eyebrows be fleeky, and your highlight stay poppin' ladies!

"I just wanna cuddle."

Sometime or another you will run into those girls on social media talking about how they want to be cuddled, loved, kissed and everything under the sun. Buy hey, everyone needs to be cuddled every once and a while.

Selfies

The selfies she posts on Facebook are either really inappropriate because they have no family on their social media, or really pretty pictures where they look angelic because they do have family on their social media. The pictures she posts on Twitter are great, flawless pictures because that picture might go viral one day, with how Twitter is now a days. The pictures she posts on Instagram is meant to get as many likes as possible.

Song lyrics

Depending on the mood she's in, the song lyrics can vary. If she's feeling herself, the average girl would caption the picture something along the lines of not needing a man, or a love song. If she's sad, expect a sad love song. Rap lyrics are to show boys that she knows rap music too, and because rap music is dope.

Boys

Boys liking and commenting on their pictures. Attractive boys if you go through our likes and favorites. If a girl likes a boy, and they happen to take a picture together at a social gathering it's going to get posted. Girls love boys. Actually depending on the girl her whole social media might be all things to make a boy jealous or to catch his attention.

Possible gifts

You can define a girls style by the items that are on her social media. Were always retweeting and sharing pictures of cute clothes. Saying "Hint Hint" when they want someone to buy a certain item for them. Jewelry, clothes, shoes, you name it, its somewhere on her social media.

Girls are mostly more flashy on social media than guys. As a girl myself who is flashy on social media, I am guilty of all of these things.

Guys

Boys on social media are pretty simple. They never really post much, unless they're super into it. When they do post, it's either on of a few things.

If the game is on TV prepare your timeline to be filled with the name of whoever just made that big play. If the boy is on any type of team, there's gonna be posts about "the grind" and "I love my team". Retweets and shares of sports videos. Boys love sports!

Girls

Boys might not be as flashy about girls on social media as girls are about boys but they're there. Hiding, in their favorites.

Pornography

Ugh, boys are such boys. Please don't go though a boys favorites on Twitter if you don't want to see anything you maybe don't want to see. That's all I really have to say.

Music

Along with girls, boys also post music one way or another. They'll share videos of music, post the lyrics. When a new rap album drops, it's going to be all over your timeline with fire emojis.

Funny videos

Guys live for entertainment. Funny vine videos will be shared and posted. Majority of boys have great senses of humor because boys are just goofy in general. Some of the videos they post, might not be funny to girls but it's okay.

Their "bros"

If their profile isn't a selfie of them, its a picture with him and his bros. Bro code is crazy. Guys always need guy time and thats majority of the time.

The differences of guys on social media and girls on social media are things that will never change. But the good thing is, well all used to it.