Gus Dapperton Releases The Orca LP Announcement & A New Video

Gus Dapperton is getting ready to ramp up for his LP release of Orca by releasing his new video for Post Humorous.

11

If you have read my other articles, then you know that I am a huge Gus Dapperton fan. I've been anticipating his newest LP release Orca, which is set to hit streaming services on September 18th. With that being said, he has led up to this album in an extraordinary way.

His latest single "Post Humorous" was released earlier this year and was followed by a series of videos. The first being a lyric video that was done completely by his friends, setting an example for his next lyric video. This second video put a new twist on the music video scene and incorporated his fans into it. Gus has already established himself as a unique artist in 2020 and I strongly believe that Orca will be the next album to climb the TikTok, Spotify, and Apple Music charts. Mark your calendars now so you can jump on the trend early!

To get to the underlying point of this article, Gus Dapperton released his final video before the album release. It is the ACTUAL music video for "Post Humorous." This song has an eerie, melancholy vibe that's a tribute to a lover, however the video is full of twists and turns that you would not expect.

*Spoiler Alert* (if you haven't seen the video go watch it before I spoil things for you)

The music video is unlike the lyrics, however it is totally up to the listener to interpret how they believe it relates to them. One of the main lines in the song is "make me laugh, as for my last request," which is totally applicable considering most of the video is in a high-class comedy club. To me, this video, in the beginning, encourages people to relax, let go of their egos, and just enjoy their time on earth (you'll understand if you watch it- people start letting their guard down and hop on the stage). But, the twist is that this is a song about not surviving and not coming back. In the video, Gus is kidnapped after getting too involved with the high-class individuals in the comedy show. It was a total surprise that I did not see coming.

I think this video has the opportunity to create various universal themes – around happiness, or greed. It's totally up to your interpretation.

Gus Dapperton is on the way to big things with these complex videos and in-depth songs. I encourage you to share your interpretations of this new video with your friends and online. Oh, and don't forget to add a phone reminder, set your alarm clocks, and mark your calendars for September 18th. It's a big day for Gus and the new LP Orca.

Link Is Below!

Gus Dapperton - Post Humorous (Official Music Video) www.youtube.com