The Ultimate Guide To Sorority Rush, Made Easy

9 Tips On How To Successfully Find Your Future Home During Rush Week

The ultimate guide on how to have the best rush possible.

534
Rachel Klumpp

Rush can be a very stressful process. Lots of sweat, lots of crying, lots of talking, but in the end you come out at the house you were meant to be at. I know it can be scary, but that's why I am here to tell you nine tips on how to make the whole process easier.

Plan out what you're going to wear each day

Pick nice outfits that show your personality, but also go with each day of rush. For example, for sisterhood round for me, I wore a blue sundress because it was my favorite dress that I knew I looked good in, but when with the dress code of wearing a sundress with wedges.

Pack the ultimate rush bag

Summer rush means it is going to be hot outside. Make sure in your rush bag you have a fan to cool you down so your make up doesn't get ruined. Makeup to do some touch ups throughout the day. Snacks and water to keep you energized. A note pad, after you visit each house write notes down about your time there it will help you remember when you go back to vote. A towel to sit on, when you aren't in a house you're waiting so bring something to sit on so you don't ruin your outfit.

Make some friends that are rushing with you

Whether it is during orientation or during the rush process find friends that will make the process go by faster and easier. They will help you make rush fun and help you with outfit questions or just finding your way around the campus.

Don't be afraid to ask your Rho Chi questions

She is there to help. Whether it is to help you find a certain help, to answer any question or for you to confide in about the whole process. Your Rho Chi will help you through the whole thing.

Drink the water

During each round, while talking to a girl in a house drink the water or lemonade that they give you, not only is polite, but it will help you stay hydrated. If you don't like the drink, take one sip and just have it in your hand. Don't gulp it down either.

It isn't as scary as it looks

Think about it as you finding your future sisters. It shouldn't be scary to talk to girls that will be your sisters soon.

Don't bring up the 3 D's

Drinking, dating and dollar signs. It's OK to ask how much being in a sorority costs because they will go over that but don't up how much money your family has or don't worry about having to talk about it.

Trust the process

If you don't end up going back to a house that you thought was perfect for you just trust the process. You probably weren't meant to be there and the perfect house for you is where you'll end up. And if that house isn't the house you thought it was going to be give it a chance and you'll find your friends there.

Just be yourself

Your sisters will like you for you. Don't be afraid to talk to them and be yourself.

Have fun! It isn't as scary as it seems. Just trust the process and you will be matched with the house you are meant to be at. Rush can be difficult, but it is worth it in the end. You'll find your sisters.