The Guide to Gift Giving

The Guide to Gift Giving

4
The Guide to Gift Giving

If there's one thing that can add a lot of stress to the average college students life, it's having to pick out the perfect gifts for friends and family for the holidays. Especially since we're bombarded with final after final when it's supposed to be the hap-happiest time of the year. Well, don't fret. Here are a few tips on how to make that special (or not so special) someone merry on the merriest of holidays. 

Now, for us Penn Staters, there's no better gift than the one with our logo plastered on it in any way, shape or form. Need a gift for your grandma? Buy her a "Penn State Grandma" T-shirt and a navy blue and white cooking pot--guaranteed, she'll love it. Need a gift for your annoying eight-year-old third cousin? Not to worry. There's a Penn State gift for that, too. Now, with any school you could pull off the same thing, but what happens when you play that out for every holiday? When no one wants Penn State Nittany Lion shaped pasta from the student book store, that's when you have to start getting more creative. 

Now let's cover the basics. If you're shopping for an adult female in your life that isn't your mother, def buy her the best smelling candle you can scavenge at Yankee Candle, and make sure you buy the biggest size, because no one likes a cheap gift-giver. If you're shopping for a sibling, always make sure to throw them a little cash. Need a gift for your mom? Buy her a Pandora charm or a necklace. A gift for Dad means a couple of his favorite DVDs or a bottle of cologne. If you're shopping for friends, you can't go wrong with a nice bottle of alcohol that you can inevitably share with them later on. 

If you stick to these basic rules, there should be no reason why you can't put a smile on the faces of people you probably haven't seen since your last birthday. May your Christmas be merry and bright and may all your holidays--no matter what you're celebrating--be happy.