Dorm Room Snacks
Life Stages

11 Dorm Room Snacks You Can't Afford NOT To Put On Your College Grocery List

Snacks are what will get you through the good and bad days in college.

332

Living in a dorm is one of the most challenging parts of college. Between dealing with roommates everyday, struggling to keep everything clean, and no longer having your mom or dad around to cook you dinner, dorm room life can bring you down.

What's one thing that can make all these frustrations go away? Snacks!

Everyone loves snack food but it can be hard to decide which snacks are worth the money when you're shopping at Walmart. These are the best snacks to keep in your dorm room that will get you through all your tough college days, so be sure to add these to your grocery list.

1. Oreos

Who doesn't love a delicious Oreo? Especially the Halloween themed ones. Don't forget to pick up some milk with this purchase, because you'll be craving to dunk your Oreos into something.

2. Popcorn

Popcorn is one of the best foods to absentmindedly shove into your mouth while watching your favorite movie with your friends.

3. Ice cream

I would highly suggest always keeping a pint of ice cream in your freezer. There's nothing like crying into Ben & Jerry's after a long day.

4. Peanut butter

My sincerest apologies go out to anyone who is allergic to peanuts because you are truly missing out on one of life's yummiest delicacies. Peanut butter is the ideal snack because it can be used in plenty of ways. You can make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, dunk apples into your peanut butter, or -- my favorite way -- just eat it by the spoonful.

5. Microwave macaroni and cheese

Microwave mac and cheese is easy to make and deliciously unhealthy. But you have to ask yourself: Kraft or Velveeta?

6. Pringles

These light and fluffy chips are an ideal snack. Be careful though, because it can be pretty easy to eat an entire can in one sitting.

7. Pop-Tarts

Eat them for breakfast, lunch, dinner or even a midnight snack. You can never go wrong with a Pop-Tart.

8. Microwave oatmeal

Any food that can be made in the microwave in two minutes or less is perfect for dorm life. Oatmeal may seem like a boring breakfast food, but you can always spice it up by adding some fresh fruit.

9. Pizza rolls

You may not be able to make an entire pizza in a dorm room microwave, but you can definitely make some pizza rolls.

10. Bananas

If you're yearning for a healthier snack, look no farther than a banana. They're the perfect fruit on-the-go, taste good with peanut butter, and can easily be stored in a dorm room.

11. Candy

If you're like me, then you have a sweet tooth. My suggestion is to hide candy throughout your entire room. Whether it's chocolate or lollipops doesn't matter. All I know is that everyone needs some sugar in their life.