Old White Dudes Are LIVID Over This Grimes Parody

At long last, it is finished

292

Years ago I told the internet I could alter the lyrics for "Kill V. Maim" by Grimes to make the song a political anthem about Roe v. Wade. Well I finished it. I just needed enough time. I wrote this a few years ago, some of it is from the point of view of a baby experiencing the aftermath of the Roe v. Wade ruling being overturned. At least, I think so. I'm not very informed about this stuff. The lyrics are structured as they appear on genius.com. Below is the video so you can follow along. The music video is visually engaging, but you need to focus on the audio for right now. I left enough space for advertisements to appear throughout, Mr. Odyssey.

Grimes - Kill V. Maim www.youtube.com

[Verse 1]

I think I see a light, time to leave the hole

I hope the outside world isn't too cold

Cause I'm only a baby, and I'm inside a lady

Wait a second I don't like this

Nobody's feeding me

Maybe it's because they weren't ready for me?

Some Republicans are cruel

And they say abortion is too

[Pre-Chorus 1]

G-O-P dudes claim to help humanity

But when we asked for help you pretend Christianity

G-O-P please practice what you preach

Your acts betray the bulk of your non-secular beliefs

[Chorus 1]

Eh, it's Roe V. Wade, it's Roe V. Wade, oh

Eh, it's Roe V. Wade, it's Roe V. Wade oh eh

Why'd you overturn it, why'd you make me write this down?

Cause I'm only a baby, now outside a lady, oh

Cause I'm feeling sad now, Pence is glad now

(Why'd you overturn it, why'd you make me write this down?)

[Verse 2]

Help me clear this up, I don't understand,

If every life is sacred why not lend a hand?

Because that would be nice

But Republicans be like

[Pre-Chorus 2]

"I hate my life, let me make you miserable

Force my greedy rhetoric and make it sound political

My tax money should be used for good

Help the rich pay even less, defund planned parenthood"

[Chorus 2]

I do not know enough about the topics which I write

But I know just one thing, it's disgusting, oh

Pro-lifers are old dudes, who want to control you

(I do not know enough about the topics which I write)

[Bridge]

Oh, abortion is the right

To prevent unplanned pregnancies

Safely at the state level

Roe, V. Wade was alright

But you overturned it

What was the purpose?

How do you sleep at night?

[Chorus 3]

Abortions are still legal, but just not in every state

If we had better healthcare, wait I won't go there, oh

Medicaid will not provide, thanks to Henry Hyde

[Outro]

My P-O-V was at first a baby

It was hard to do because I'm not a baby

A-B-O-R-T-I-O-N-S

S-H-O-U-L-D B-E L-E-G-A-L!

(BOOORN!)

In conclusion, this is what "Kill V. Maim" might sound like if it were about Roe v Wade. Some syllables are an exact match, others are exercising their own free will. It makes sense to me in the shower. Show this to one of your college professors, they might appreciate it. Tell them you wrote it and snag some extra credit, but feel them out first to see if they hate abortions.