Reasons To Fall In Love With Greenville, South Carolina

A place that offers all the conveniences of a big city with the feeling of a small southern town

2731
Fortune Builders

Greenville, South Carolina is a growing city that is constantly making the news for its livability and uniqueness. It's a place that offers all the conveniences of a big city with the feeling of a small southern town. I'm proud to call this place my home and if you haven't fallen in love with the city as much as I have here are 5 reasons why you should love Greenville too.

1. Culture and art

Greenville is a canvas that has been filled with international and local art. If you take a walk down Mainstreet you will find yourself in awe of all the extravagant sculptures, fountains, and paintings. Greenville is home to a number of cultural museums and fine art galleries along with theaters for performing arts. Music is also a happening scene with talented musicians and street performers sharing their passion with the community.

2. Seasonal festivities

Greenville offers entertainment year round. During winter, Greenville turns into a wonderland. Along with a Christmas Parade, the city opens an outdoor skating rink in the middle of downtown and offers sleigh rides from Santa. You're sure to feel in the Christmas spirit if you visit during holiday season. During Spring, Greenville hosts an art festival and a Greek Festival. Artisphere is a three-day event featuring indoor and outdoor performances and visual arts exhibitions. The Greek Festival offers authentic Greek food and a look into Greek culture and history. During summer, you can look forward to Shakespeare plays in the park, Saturday food markets, and the Red White and Blue Festival for 4th of July. Last but not least, in Autumn you can enjoy the annual Fall for Greenville festival. During this time, cars are blocked off of the street so you can walk around and visit tents that local vendors have set up and get a true taste of all that Greenville has to offer.

3. Dining and shopping

Whether you are looking for an upscale dining experience or just a casual night with your friends, Greenville offers the best experience for either. With fine dining options such as Larkins on the River, The Lazy Goat, and Trappe Door you are guaranteed the best in service and a dining experience worth the money. If you're looking for a more casual eatery, Greenville has a surplus of little southern cafes that you are sure to fall in love with, (Rainers Cafe is my favorite!) Shopping wise, you will find yourself entertained for hours looking in the local shops. You may find yourself in upscale boutiques or in the Mast General store browsing through all of the knick-knacks and the barrels of candy.

4. Family activities

Greenville is a family oriented city. If you're looking for kid friendly activities you won't have to search for long. If your family likes sports you're in luck, as Greenville is home to Greenville Drive, a minor league baseball team. Your kids can play on the playground right beside the field, enjoy an ice-cream while watching the game, and even take pictures with the Mascot, Reedy Rip'it the Frog. You can also enjoy a day at the Greenville Zoo, the Roper Mountain Science Center, or The Children's Museum of the Upstate. All of these places are catered to children but offer fun activities for the family as a whole.

5. Falls park

This is probably Greenville's biggest attraction but I think the pictures speak for themselves.

Let's not forget that it's located in the best state! #YEAHTHATGREENVILLE