Early Premiere For Green Book Movie

Universal Pictures Early Screening Of 'Green Book' At Normal Theater

The film will be screened two weeks before the actual release date.

76

There's something special about experiencing something before the rest of the world does. Whether it's music or a movie, we feel like we got the exclusive experience. At Illinois State, students and Bloomington-Normal community will be able to see "Green Book" fifteen days before the rest of the world. Thanks to Universal Pictures, the Normal Theater will have an exclusive screening on November 6, 2018. The screening will begin at 7:00 PM and will include free admission, "Green Book" posters and much more. November 6th is also voting day so if you vote and bring proof you will get free popcorn!

According to Rotten Tomatoes, "When Tony Lip (Mortensen), a bouncer from an Italian-American neighborhood in the Bronx, is hired to drive Dr. Don Shirley (Ali), a world-class Black pianist, on a concert tour from Manhattan to the Deep South, they must rely on "The Green Book" to guide them to the few establishments that were then safe for African-Americans. Confronted with racism, danger-as well as unexpected humanity and humor-they are forced to set aside differences to survive and thrive on the journey of a lifetime."

This film is perfect for the day of elections and is premiering on this day to start a conversation. The trailer gives viewers a look into the struggles the main characters will face on their journey to the southern states. Throughout the film, Tony Lip and Dr. Don Shirley build a friendship. It's clear that the beginning of their relationship was bumpy but things did turn around. Towards the end of the trailer, the two seem to have a real bond with each other.

From the looks of it, the movie looks very well produced. Our nation is very divided at this point in time and this film could help bring everyone together. As I stated earlier, this film premiering on election day is a great way to spark a conversation in our community. Regardless of your view on politics, we all need to come together and show love for each other. Our world is full of hatred, especially on social media. We have the power to change that with our actions, every single day.

This event would not be possible without Universal Pictures Campus Rep, Derek Blidy. It takes a lot of work to plan an event like this! The only thing you'll need to enter the theatre is your student ID.

Whether you want to bring your significant other or go with some friends, this exclusive screening will be a great time. Make sure to get to the Normal Theater early There are around 400 seats in the theater and last year's screening was at full capacity with some being turned away.