Green Beer Day: A Guide

Green Beer Day: A Guide

50

Green Beer day is an annual holiday for most students at Miami University. It is one of Miami's biggest traditions and began in the early fifties because up until 2010, Miami scheduled spring break during St. Patrick's Day. Because no one at Miami would ever miss an important drinking holiday, the students took it upon themselves to create their own St. Patrick's Day celebration and called it Green Beer Day. Green Beer Day takes place the Thursday before Spring Break. Students wake up at 1:00 a.m. that day and the bars open up at 5:00 a.m. This is one of the biggest drinking days of the year and many people don't make it past their first couple of green Jell-O shots, so here is a guide for all the rookies on how to survive green beer day.

1. PLAN A NAP.

Many teachers do not believe in this sacred holiday, so they will purposefully schedules exams or quizzes on this day. If you have an exam or quiz, go out earlier and come back to sleep for a couple of hours to be prepared for class.

2. Green Beer Equals Green Tongue.

With that being said, DO NOT drink the green beer if you have any intention on attending class because it will turn your tongue green and your teachers will know about your previous party activities.

3. SCHEDULE WISELY.

Every single fraternity will be having a party that day, so coordinate with your friends to make a tentative time schedule for each party, that way you are not staying too long at one and you miss another.

4. PACE YOURSELF.

!
Not many people have gone an entire day drinking by starting at 1:00 a.m. and you'll definitely want to enjoy every moment of this day, whether you remember it or not, so don't be the girl at the party passed out by 4:00 a.m.

5. ALL GREEN EVERYTHING!

Wear the craziest attire you can conjure up! Every person goes all out for this day without the fear of judgment. Wear green!