Greek of the Week: Emily Gay

Greek of the Week: Emily Gay

38
Greek of the Week: Emily Gay

This week's Greek of the Week goes to none other than the infamous Emily Gay. A member of Tri Delta since last fall, Emily is a sophomore at the University of Iowa. She is studying managerial business and will begin this track next semester in fall 2015.

Emily is from Chicago, just like everybody else on the campus, and hails from Lake Zurich. She chose the University of Iowa for their well known business program, and also for the location -- only three hours from home.

Along with the other 16 percent of the undergraduates who join Greek life, Emily decided to take the plunge. "I went Greek because I wanted to be a part of something through college. My mom was in a sorority and she always talked so highly of it so I decided to give it a chance. My goal was to make a solid group of friends, and hey the boys can't hurt."

When asked why she chose Tridelt, Gay said, "Because I could really see myself hanging out with the girls. I liked other houses too, but there were so many girls that seemed like me that I couldn't not join." So on that fateful day when Gay opened her bid card and saw those three triangles, she was beyond excited. "I went through the recruitment process with a ton of girls and we all liked different houses, but my roommate and our other good friend all picked Tridelt and that's when I knew it was the house for me."

This semester, Gay has the position of Correspondence within the Officers Council of her sorority. In this position, she helps plan events for the chapter along with the VP of Public Relations. Just recently, Gay helped coordinate Tridelt's annual Easter Egg Hunt with Iowa City's Mom's Blog. In addition, when it comes times for the holidays such as Christmas or even Valentine's Day, if your chapter receives a gift basket full of candy and a card, you can thank Gay herself. She puts together gifts for chapters every couple months, wishing them well.