Truth Is, Friendships Run Deeper Than Greek Letters

It's the letters that make you friends, but the memories and bonds keep you together.

542

When you open your bid card you see Greek letters and run to your new sorority, you have a feeling something great is going to come out of it; however, there is so much more than you could have ever expected.You rush down Anderson lawn and begin to meet only a portion of the girls that will soon become your best friends and girl gang.

When I first got involved in my sorority I was excited, but I was like, "Oh my gosh, they seriously expect us to be here all of these days and pay if we aren't?!?" Through the long events though and sisterhood bonding, you become so close with girls you wouldn't have seen yourself bonding with bid night.

You all wear your two or three letters that represents so much meaning within your sorority and you meet through your letters, but you know you'd still be friends even without seeing each other once a week for dinner or more for anything else. I may have found these friends, also known as my new girl gang, through my house, but our friendships are deeper than two Greek letters now and I couldn't be more thankful.