I've Had A Great Year At School, But I’m Excited For Summer

I would be lying if I said I’m excited to leave school, but I’d also be lying if I said I I’m not ready to.
197

I would be lying if I said I’m excited to leave school, but I’d also be lying if I said I'm not ready to. Leaving my friends who have become family or my apartment that has become home is not going to be easy, but my yearn for the summer sun is still great.

Despite the love I have for all things Delaware, it is definitely time for a break. Being a student is one of the most rewarding, yet tiring jobs a person can have.

From daily assignments to long-term projects, this past semester has been filled with length nights in the library fueled by numerous cups of coffee. Although I know that this is what comes with being a student, there comes a time when it becomes a lot to handle, and a break from it all is necessary.

Not only has my stress level been at an all-time high, but also my sleep schedule has been heavily altered. Over the past few months, my body has gotten used to waking up around 8, going to class for the day, going to whatever club meeting I have, going to the library, staying up until about 12 am, and then waking up and doing it again (with the occasional nap, of course).

Going non-stop for months at a time can seriously tire you out. Our bodies are healthiest when on a regulated sleep schedule, and changing it greatly can lead to negative effects. So, taking a break from my distorted sleep patterns is essential at this point.

This school year has been filled with its share of ups and downs, but I am definitely leaving Newark with a smile on my face. Despite the intense pressure and severe sleep deprivation I faced, the 2017-2018 school year has been a great one.