9 Great Jobs For Full-Time College Students

We're all pressed for cash, so here are the best job options for students!

28

Whether you're working to pay off your student loans or buy a new pair of shoes, almost all of us students can relate to getting a job because we're in need of cash! So for those of us returning to campus life this fall, here are a few job options you have that can work with your busy class schedule:

1. Tutoring

This is definitely the best job for any full-time students, especially in regards to flexibility. You can do it on your own time independently, through your school, or through a third-party tutoring agency! I know that Penn State has LionTutors, and other colleges have their own student tutoring agencies like that as well! Tutoring is also great because you can choose which subject is your strength and then use your special skill set to help other students who struggle in that area.

2. Waiter/Waitress/Barista

Students, if you really wanna save, you have to be ready to sacrifice a few weekends out to get an early shift the next day! You can make great tips, especially if you can work during weekdays where you have more free time because of a lighter course load.

3. Dining Halls

For those who live on campus, the dining halls are a great option, especially since they're located to be conveniently close to you! And even if you live off-campus, they're always in the middle of everything and/or near prime locations on campus!

4. Performance Venue

If you aren't at a super small college or university, chances are you've got some sort of concert venue, sports complex, or theatre that you can work at! With these, there are usually lots of different job opportunities, depending on how big the venue is, like ticketing, security, backstage crew, tech, etc.!

5. Retail

This option might be a little more fun for the students who don't want their work to involve school at all! So go work at the art store or the cute boutique that's just off campus! You'll get to be in a store you like, plus the employee discount can't hurt!

6. Library

Want a quiet place to work to get your mind off classes, homework, and other obligations? Then working at your campus library might not really be much work for you! You'd be surprised how fast these positions fill up, so make sure to apply ASAP!

7. Work study

If you like to tutor and would enjoy being a TA, ask your advisor or counselor to see if you qualify for a work-study position! Not everybody does right away, so if you don't, and are interested in having a work-study position during your college career, see what is necessary for you to do to become eligible, and get it done so you can get started!

8. Commons desk

This position is best for upperclassmen or students who are well-versed in basic campus knowledge! You'll help with directions, mail, general info, so having a well-rounded knowledge of your school and how things work there is a plus!

9. Gym

And lastly, for those who like to work out or live at the gym, when you're not working out there, get paid to be there!