Gulf coast beaches for everyone

11 Great Gulf Coast Beaches To Check Out This Summer

3. St. George Island, Florida

1103
Foundry

The beaches of the Gulf Coast are some of the best in the United States. The waters of the Gulf Coast span five U.S. states: Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, and Florida. Spanning hundreds of miles and welcoming millions of visitors every year. It's not hard to find a spot to soak up the sun, a great local restaurant or shops to visit.

Access to the beaches are located in each Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida town. Each offering its own unique experience, from casinos by the water, bird watching, and isolated beaches there's something for everyone. To make it easier for your gulf coast vacation, here's a list of the perfect beaches for everyone.

1. Gulf Shores, Alabama

Gulf Shores is home to incredible beaches, a perfect getaway for vacationers looking for a quiet place. This destination is less crowded than most beaches in the area and therefore perfect for a quiet family trip or couples get away. There's plenty of beach house rentals and condos in the area.

2. Boca Chica, Texas

Boca Chica is located east of Brownsville on a peninsula separated by the Rio Grande River from Mexico and by the Brazos Santiago Pass from South Padre Island. Although Boca China is a state park Texas beach, it has no park facilities. What it does have is miles of clear water, fine sand perfect for snorkeling, swimming and bird watching.

3. St. George Island, Florida

Visitors crowd St. George Island to enjoy the sands and crystal-blue waters that lap the untainted shores. There are two public beaches Massingale Park Beach and Coast Guard Station Beach. At these beaches the waters warm temperature and calm wavers are inviting for beach goers.

4. Destin, Florida

The Emerald Coast, named for its blue-green waters in home to Destin, Florida. One of the best Gulf Coast beaches to vacation, this location invites millions of visitors each year to stay in the abundance of vacation rentals.

5. Siesta Key, Florida

Put on sunscreen, grab your towel and head to the breath taking beaches of Siesta Key. Crescent Beach, Turtle Beach, and Siesta Beach are among the best along this barrier island coast line. Each spot has white sands that almost shimmer in the sun and stay cool to the touch, making it perfect for strolling along the water.

6. Mustang Island, Texas

Yes, Texas does have white sand beaches. Located on an 18 mile long barrier island, Mustang Island is a state park with five miles of spectacular sandy beach. Visitors usually spend their time swimming, bird watching and when the wind picks up surfing.

7. Galveston Island

For a perfect Texas get away, head to Galveston Island. With 32 miles of sandy beaches surrounded by a variety of shops, boutiques, restaurants and galleries, Galveston Island is the perfect destinations for everyone.

8. Panama City Beach, Florida

Panama City Beach is a perfect beach town in the northwestern part of Florida. Despite its reputation as a spring breakers’ paradise, Panama City Beach is also an accommodating location for families.

9. Biloxi Beach, Mississippi

Biloxi Mississippi sits along an area known as the playground of the south. The region is best known for its plethora of casinos, many of which sit right on the shoreline. Other than gambling, there are many outdoor and family-friendly activities in and around Biloxi, including fishing, shopping,and museums.

10. Anna Maria Island, Florida

Looking for a slow pace, Anna Maria Island has three small cities, Bradenton Beach, Holmes Beach, and Anna Maria. Each of these towns has plenty of accommodation options in the form of beachfront cottages and villas just off the gulf.

11. Gulfport, Mississippi

One of the Gulfport’s major interests is its casino, which allows gamblers to enjoy both the slots and the sun all in one place. Like many other towns along the Gulf Coast, Gulfport has a long stretch of pristine white-sand beach.