Grateful For Summer

Grateful For Summer

I will never take moments of relaxation for granted again.

34
Google Images

Summer is a time to relax and spend time with the people that matter. It has been harder and harder to accomplish this goal. Now instead of chasing an ice cream truck with my friends, I am downtown Chicago, sitting at an office all day working on files.

While I love my job and am grateful to have one, I still miss the activities that make summer memorable. I remember going on bike rides, barbecues, and making s'mores. Of course I will still take time to do all these things and more. Summer as an adult does not feel like much of summer but from what I can gather.

Even as an adult (or at least legally being an adult because let's be honest, I will forever have the mind of a child lol) summer is the best time of the year. I think the difference between summer as a kid and summer as an adult is the appreciation. I no longer get to take those moments of relaxation for granted.

Summer is my favorite time of the year. I intend to make the most of it.