We Need a Grassroots Movement

We Need a Grassroots Movement

27

In politics and Christianity, things have become so murky and have been ruled by big corporations and big churches. Let's start with Christianity and the church, the church has just become big and most of them are worshiping their pastor instead of God. Then the congregation has given into this mindset of easy Christianity, which means they just live their lives indifferent to all the suffering and don't want to try and understand other people's ideology, which is important if you want to disciple to people of all nations. They don't try to understand others" point of view and don't want to have a for real intellectual conversation about ideology #notallchristians. There is a movement of Christians who just go to their big churches and don't give back to their community to try to help progress Christianity; they just want to do the bare minimum. That is why we need to break up big churches and create small churches that invest in their community. Which could be like the guy in chapel a few weeks back whose church was a coffee shop, that is a coffee shop that just serves the community and evangelizes when God gives them the opportunity and volunteers in the community.

Now in politics, there are many corporations that are rising up and controlling the system and systematically putting people at a disadvantage. What the last election showed us is that the parties are going through a process of redefining themselves. There are many people in politics especially in the Democratic party, the party of the people, that have started to be made up of more of the elites. Then Bernie Sanders came into the running and called out the party and said the party needs to become the party of the people and not the few elites. One of the things he tried to do was overturn Citizens United, which is what allows big corporations give lump sums to candidates like Hillary Clinton. So since Donald Trump won, the Democratic party is trying to redefine itself by using a grassroots movement and focusing on poor and discriminated and making that the center of who the party is, so they can get more votes and help more people in this turbulent time. There is a lot of millennials and young progressives/liberals who are on board for this movement and are out to redefine the party.