Grandparents Know Best

Grandparents Know Best

You never know what you'll learn from them.
5

Of course Grandma's and Grandpa's are the cutest things ever, but theres more to them then just their looks you know. Have you ever just sat down with your Grandma or Grandpa and talked? Maybe they aren't even related to you, but people of the baby-boomer generation are incredibly wise and could teach us millennials a lot.

They've literally seen it all. From the Cold War to whatever little war our country is going through now, their experiences are the ones to remember.

They've been through what we might be going through now. Don't keep going to your friends for relationship advice and ask your grandparent's about their love story. I promise you no stories of instant messaging or liking one another's photo will be mentioned, instead you'll learn of the truest or not so truthful loves. The ones where they seem like Nicholas Sparks wrote about it. True stories and experiences that will teach you more than what Becky said about his Twitter.

Ask them about what it was like when they were young adults. Was it really like the movie Grease? Or was it better? Hearing these stories of how different their lives were then is incredible and surreal to think things used to be that way. Get the real deal story, not a made up version played by John Travolta.

They've been through the hardest and worst of times, and can help you learn from making their mistakes. They may be really old fashion, but they know what they're talking about. Don't take this generation for granted, they have so much to offer this world and to you.

-For you GranGran. When we talked the last time I was in town, I learned so much from hearing you and HoHo's story of getting married. You're a rockstar, don't you ever forget it.-