To My Grandparents

To My Grandparents

I want you to know how lucky I am to have you.

259
To My Grandparents
adiacares.com

Many people aren’t blessed with the fortune of knowing their grandparents. The bond between grandchild and grandparents is like no other. They are not your parents, but instead, they're friends, partners in crime and cheerleaders. No matter what struggles come up or what mistakes are made, grandparents will always be there for you. Their love for their grandchildren really is unconditional. However, we often do not tell our grandparents how important they are and how much their love means to us. Here is what I want my grandparents to know:

To My Grandparents,

Since day one, you have been there for me. You have shown me unconditional love, been there when I couldn’t talk to my parents and were the support system I always needed.

I remember all the things you did with me as a child. From hockey games to museums, to circuses and zoos, to the beach and on vacations, you showed me what fun was and the value of family.

Life is going to change, as we both grow older, and with this, our relationship with each other will change. We may not see each other as much as we hoped, but our love for one another will always remain the same. I want to make these promises to you to ensure you to not be scared of what the future will bring.

I promise to always be there for you in the future. As the years pass, life will get harder. I will be there for you every step of the way. I will be there to bring you to the store, to help you with your bills, to go with you to your appointments. I will be by your side during your times of pain as well as your times of joy. I will be there when you can no longer do things for yourself. Do not be embarrassed to ask for help. I want to help you. I want to make your life as stress-free as it can be. You did so much for your grandchildren, and it will be my turn to do for you.

I promise to not get upset with you if you don’t understand or fully comprehend something. I may raise my voice, but know that I am not upset with you. I may act like assisting and helping you is such a burden, but please know that it is not. I want you to be comfortable to ask for help. I want you to ask for help from me.

I promise to continue your legacy. I will hold with me the values you instilled in me from my early childhood. You worked so hard to raise your kids, and now your grandkids, and to keep your name strong. I will live my life always thinking of you. I will remember every moment with you and raise my kids from what you have taught me. Someday, I will love my grandkids just as much as you loved me.

I am so lucky to have known all four of my grandparents and will cherish every moment spent together forever. It may not be said enough, but please know that I love all of you and will hold onto everything you have given me. I am who I am today because of all of you. Your influence and love has shaped me into the man I am today, and for that I will be forever grateful.

With love always,
A Grateful, Loved, and Lucky Grandson