To The Grandmas That Left Us Far Too Soon
Grandparents

You made me the girl I am today and I wish you could be here to see it.

5419
Taylor Kellogg

You were never supposed to leave me so soon. You were supposed to be with me through college applications, boy drama, helping me pick out flowers for my wedding, and decorating my baby's nursery one day. When mom told me that you had passed away, I really learned the meaning of "life isn't fair."

Since I was a tiny baby, we were the very best of friends. You watched me grow up to be a sassy little third-grader and helped me with my middle school science project. I went with you to run errands and we watched Lifetime movies together. As cheesy as it is, you were my very first best friend in this big, scary world — thank you for being there through all my elementary school life crises. I was your sidekick and you taught me what it means to be a contributing member of society.

There's something so special about a grandmother-granddaughter relationship: I got to have the support and encouragement of a parent, the hijinks and laughs of a best friend, and the lessons of a teacher.

As much as I miss you and wish you were still with us, I find comfort in the fact that I know I would be making you proud. I made it into my dream college and I'm having the time of my life, Nana!!! I wish you could be here to come to Family Weekend and move-in day (because I know you would LOVE that shit — where do you think I got my mad organizing skills from?) but during those exciting times I smile because I know you're looking down on me and cheering me on every step of the way.

Sometimes, people even tell me that they see you in me; this really is the greatest compliment I could ask for. I could only hope that I turn out to be even half the woman you were. You brought a smile to everyone's face and made every single person feel important.

You were never supposed to leave this Earth like that... you were taken far too soon and I miss you every day. Losing you was one of the hardest things I've ever had to go through, and I'm not gonna lie: it still makes me sad to this day. Even though you're not with us anymore, thank you for every single lesson that you taught me. I truly would be lost without your wisdom and guidance.

Please wait for me so we can keep watching "Jerseylicious" one day.

Love you, best buddy.