10 Things That My Grandma With Alzheimer's has done that are super relatable

Even with the Alzheimer's my grandma is still so relatable

252

It has been about ten years since we first heard the words "she has Alzheimer's". Now those words have become part of our daily vocabulary, my grandma has Alzheimer's. Everyday is a new one and with each new day comes a new story about my grandma. After all these years, we've learned to just laugh and go along with it because if we don't, then we will just cry. so in honor of Alzheimer's awareness month here are the most relatable things that my grandma has done or said, even with the Alzheimer's.

1. "You're all dumb and I'm going home"

Granted she was at home and just tried to go outside, but this is something that we've all thought at least once this week.

2. Putting a crayon in her oatmeal

Ashley Jordan

I mean I get this one, she wanted it to be more colorful. We all know oatmeal needs that little extra something.

3. Being obsessed with chocolate

Ashley Jordan

We're all obsessed with chocolate, so I get it. She can barely open the door on some days, but stick something chocolate in front of her and it'll be opened in seconds.

4. "Your face makes me want to throw up"

She can barely speak in complete sentences most days, but her insults are still on point.

5. Loving her shoes

Ashley Jordan

Shoes are some of the best things that we can buy and grandma understands

6. She has to have her morning nap or you know

Ashley Jordan

I mean we all need our naps, so I get this one

7. She loves coloring her coloring books

Ashley Jordan

Honestly coloring is the best thing ever

8. When she could not figure how the timer worked on the camera

Glenn Jordan

My dad did disappear after running to get into the picture, so she was trying to find him

9. "Thats a good one"

Ashley Jordan

She says that every time an attractive guy walks by, so she still has it going on

10. "I love you, you're really good"

When she says this, my heart melts. She says this when she is really happy. She says it to everyone when she is happy, even the waitresses at the restaurants.

Yes a lot of days are hard with my grandma, she is essentially helpless. But she still has her witty personality and she still is her, somewhere deep down. That makes it all worth it. We love you grandma and I hope that I am making you proud, its all for you.