The Grand Tour: A Better Version of Top Gear

The British trio has definitely had the last laugh from the Top Gear fallout.

3
Sicnag

Many people here and in the UK became upset when the British based show, Top Gear, released the news that Jeremy Clarkson, James May, and Richard Hammond would not be returning as hosts. It all started when Clarkson’s contract was not renewed after he got into an argument with the producer. James and Richard then followed suit an informed Top Gear that would not be returning. Fans were devastated because they knew that Top Gear would never be able to replace the trio nor believed that any show going to be able to replace Top Gear.

Fortunately for all ex-Top Gear fans out there, Amazon’s new The Grand Tour has come to save the day. The new show features the beloved British trio and, most importantly, is centered on cars. The show has many new features such as a new track, track driver, and even the host place for the show. The show is no longer just hosted in Britain. The Grand Tour utilizes a tent instead of physical building to host the shows. This allows for the show to be hosted in different countries. The show is also on Amazon which means the commercial are limited to only before and after the show. Hence, the viewers get a full hour show about cars.

An important thing for us Americans is that our friends across the pond seem to be embracing American fans. The show’s new track driver is an American who is literally called the “The American.” In Top Gear, the track driver, known as The Stig, was a crucial component of the show. By straight up replacing The Stig with The American means that the American is audience is important to the new show. The show has also featured a number of American cars such as the Challenger Hellcat, a Coyote Mustang, and the iconic Ford GT40. Cars like these make Americans, like myself, glue our attention to the show as they are cars that are close to our hearts.

The fallout of Top Gear fiasco has clearly led to something better. The Grand Tour not only embraces the best of the old Top Gear but also brings in new features to the table. I recommend this show to all who want to hear about cars and get a good laugh.