Goodbye Until Next Year

Goodbye Until Next Year

The End Of Summer 2017

64
Goodbye Until Next Year

Dear Summer 2017,

Well we’ve had a good run. It’s such a shame that you have to pass so quickly. Have you ever heard of the saying, “Stop and stay awhile?” Apparently not. But I’m always grateful for the time we spend together. This has probably been one of my favorite summers in a long time. Although I wish I could have made more trips to the beach or spent a little less money on junk, I’m grateful for how this summer turned out. I will miss the memories I made and the fun I had with coworkers, friends and family. I will miss the hot summer nights when I would be driving with the windows down and the music up. You are coming to a close, my friend, as school starts back.

I spent it with great friends, great dogs, great family, and a great boyfriend. I am forever grateful for the memories I have made with some of my favorite people. We all started this summer together and we are ending it still all together, some of us even closer than we were.

This was on of my favorite days, this was the time I learned I am not by any means a good golfer. My score was 92 and everyone else was much, much lower than me. This little adventure began our summer fun, and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

One of my closest friends and I, then went to a soccer game to support one of our other friends. That soccer game consisted of the sun being in our faces and witnessing an argument with the referees, but it was still a lot of fun because we were watching it together and we make anything fun.

Then I went off to a summer program in Indiana, Pennsylvania, where I had the best time. I met a ton of amazing people and learned a bunch of incredible things. I truly miss that program and the people a lot.

I was back in Utica on July 23rd, and then my summer gained a new sense of excitement and joy. I started dating my best friend and we've been going on some pretty fun adventures. Between trips to the park, exploring new places, and just being ourselves on each others porches, I can honestly say that its been an incredible journey that I can't wait to see more of. We again went golfing, in which I lost again, but this time I didn't lose as bad. We've spent mostly all of this summer laughing, creating memories, doing goofy things, and keeping each other sane.

This summer will definitely go down as one of my best summers. Not only did I spend it with my favorite humans, but my favorite dogs were also involved. This is Marcy, she is my aunts dog, and my favorite part of visiting my aunts house is being able to see her. She follows me around the house and always sits on my lap, which makes my day incredibly better.

School starts in two weeks from today, and as sad I am that this summer is ending, I can't wait to see all the adventures we go on during the school year. I've spent this summer reconnecting with a friend I thought i'd never talk to again. So not only did I make my already had friendships better, I regained a friendship which I am very thankful for.

As we embark as seniors in high school, I know we will all remember this summer. Whether its because we hear the song "I Don't Dance", or we see a Maine license plate, or even passing by the parkway and seeing a soccer game, I know for a fact we will always have a special place for the summer of 2017.