Saying Goodbye To My Junior Year Of College Is Hard

I am a transfer student and while I got the perks of saving money on GE classes and having a junior standing designated on my transcript, finishing my junior year at college was definitely an eye-opening experience.

I got involved and made new friends. But most importantly, I learned more about myself and what I liked and didn't like. I made new friends and landed my first job at one of the departments in the school there.

But my experience is different because I didn't come in as a freshman. I came in with two years worth of general education, only needing to finish up my major requirements. The saying, "make the most of the experience" rings true for me during my junior year of college.

Sure, junior year is probably the hardest for some of us. I find it hard to say goodbye because it is the last year before I move on to my senior year of college. This coming September, I'll be a senior in college finishing up my last requirements and then I cross that stage with my degree.

It's all those years of schooling for a piece of paper that hopefully put to a good use in the employment market and even then, looking for a job requires patience. College is only for a limited time and before I know it, I am walking on that stage shaking my dean's hand and accepting my diploma.

Junior year is the middle year that college students get adjusted to their campus. It is also a time that we prepare ourselves for the future. Even though my junior year was hard to say goodbye, I've come to embrace and accept it with a full heart.

Enjoy college while you can. Take the time to explore yourself and tap into your talents. You'll thank yourself later.