Saying Goodbye To Summer

Saying Goodbye To Summer

Here's to the hot and steamy days keeping you warm in the cooler months.

591
Saying Goodbye To Summer
In A Nutshell

This past weekend marked the first weekend of fall. And while it's perhaps my favorite season of them all, it's never easy to say goodbye to summer. When fall begins, so does everything else. Back to school, back to work, and that means no more vacations. Summer symbolizes all of the fun and carefree times that we were able to indulge in over those couple of months. Even though there's still plenty of fun things to do during the fall, sometimes it's just never quite like it was during the summer. There's a sense of complete relaxation during the summertime. Even if you're still working, things seem to slow down just bit compared to the rest of the year. And while fall brings in my favorite time of year, there's still plenty to thank summer for.

Summer is the warm sunny days that seem to bring endless joy. You're not stressing because the sun is out and you're enjoying life. The days are longer and so it makes you feel like there's more time to get things done, whether they're for work or play. For me personally, I'm more inclined to spend time doing errands after work because the sun is still shining, and I don't feel like the day is quite over yet. You've got vacation to look forward to, and there's plenty to do, from getting ice cream with a friend, to going to the local fair or carnival. If you're in college, your friends are all home for the summer, so there's plenty of time to catch up with one another and make up for lost time.

It's all of these reasons and more that you might begin to miss summer. There's something about that time of year that seems to stand out from all of the others. Though it's exciting to feel a chill in the air as the days melt from summer into autumn you begin to long for the endless days that come during the summer months. Before you know it, it's January and the high is twenty degrees and you're longing for the warm and steamy days of July and August.

So here's to summer and all that it brings. Here's to the fun times and sunshine that no other season can quite compare to. Here's to the excitement of longer days, meaning more time spent with family and friends and getting things done. Here's to the vacations and weekend trips that made memories that will live on into next summer and beyond. Here's to the relaxation and rejuvenation that was much needed by the time June came around. And here's to the summers to come. While it's time to embrace the new season and update your wardrobe, you know that you can always take comfort in the memories of summer, and look forward to the many more next year.