Goodbye Odyssey, Thanks For The Opportunities

Leaving my editor in chief position and feeling a bit emotional.

250
Unsplash

It's been over two years since I started writing articles for this platform. I've also had the privilege of serving as my university's Editor in Chief for just over a year. Odyssey is a wonderful platform designed for young writers who are looking to gain experience and get exposure. As a full-time copywriter, I owe a lot of my success in my career to this platform.

When I started writing, I had no idea how involved this community is. As a writer, you don't see the full picture. But when I became the editor of my team, it all started to come together.

Being a writer gave me the chance to use my voice and share whatever I felt like talking about. It's something that isn't possible on any other platform than your own personal blog. When I became the editor of my chapter of Odyssey, I learned how to build community and strive for my team's success.

It wasn't just about writing, but about creating a place where my writers could thrive. I wanted them to get views because their work deserved to be seen. I've had the honor of editing amazing pieces by people I'd never even met. Being an editor gave me the chance to see the heart and soul of my teammates.

I also had the ability to influence their future by helping them become better writers and better workers. While I tried to be a laid back editor, I still made tweaks and tried to help my writers refine their skills. Every writer on my team has improved and become an amazing storyteller.

WIthout Odyssey, I would probably never have gained editing experience for many more years. Having to make sure every piece is ready for the public and tailored to the right audience is a job reserved for those with years of writing experience. But I was able to do it much earlier in my career.

I was able to grow my team to include 17 writers before many graduated or took off for the summer. We were able to reach our community goals and soar past them, thanks to the dedication of my writers and their ability to create articles that generated attention on social media.

Our team went from having just 10,000 views monthly to having over 40,000 views for the last 5 months in a row. My writers are submitting strong articles that reflect their personality and showcase their talents. They're submitting on time and regularly, as opposed to before when it was like pulling teeth to get articles in.

I'm proud of my team and all that we accomplished this past year. I look forward to seeing them grow more under the new EIC and watching her become the leader she's meant to be.

Goodbye Odyssey, and thank you for such an amazing experience.