The Goodbye I Never Thought I'd Have To Make

Saying goodbye isn't easy, but I have to do what's best for me.

66
Personal Photo

Writing has always been my outlet. From the time I was young, you could always find me with a pen in my hand. Writing is where I can get the words from my heart out into the world, when my mouth can seem to speak.

So when I found the opportunity to share my voice with the world, while making amazing friends along the way. All I could think was...

sign me up.

While I was excited to pursue that journey, I had no idea where this journey would take me.

I had no idea that it would lead me to my writing being shared all over the world. I had no idea that it would lead me to getting offered writing jobs with online magazines. I had no idea it would lead me to a social media director position and along the way to editor in chief.

I had no idea it would bring me some of the closest group of friends, I ever could have imagined. The friendships I have more, are ones that will last a lifetime.

And I think that's what made this goodbye so hard.

I'm not saying goodbye to writing. I'm still going to pursue that journey as I have since I started at such a young age. But the time has come where I had to say goodbye to my platform, Odyssey.

The decision wasn't easy, it was a rough one at most. I spent countless nights sitting thinking about the pros, the cons and everything in between. But when it came down to it, I knew what I had to do.

I love my community and I love this platform. I love the journey it's taken me on. But it is time for me to continue my journey and grow.

To those who supported and assisted me at Odyssey HQ, thank you. Your wisdom and knowledge on how to run a community and the editing styles that vary in the writing world, I'll take with me on my continued journey. Not to mention the laughs we shared and the time we spent together. It means more than you may realize. I want you to remember that as you continue coaching your communities along the way, you are inspiring to us.

To my family (especially my mom), friends and boyfriend who encouraged and supported me on this journey. Thank you. The amount of shares on Facebook, having conversations about the pieces I had written, the love you have given me to push me on this journey has been incredible and unforgettable. I know you all will support me as I continue my journey on another path.

Lastly, to my community, my creators. You guys have been my rock. Saying goodbye and resigning as your Editor in Chief, has been one of the hardest decisions I've had to make. You guys not only made this job easy by being such an awesome group, but you made it fun. We became a family. A slightly dysfunctional, but super loving family. I can't wait to see where this world takes every single one of you. To say I'm proud of you all, is such an understatement. You are such a talented and amazing group. I hope to never lose touch as we grow with our lives.

You all are capable of changing the world and accomplishing something great. Do it.

And I love you. Always.