Pet Semetary is the next horror movie you need to see

If You're Looking For A Good Horror Movie Look No Farther Than 'Pet Semetary'

Chills will be sent down your spine

181
personal Photo

Are you a Horror fanatic? Or maybe someone looking for a good scare? Look no farther then Pet Semetary! This movie was well worth the hype.

It's a nice addition to the Horror genre. It succeeded in employing many different techniques of horror. There were some gross and disturbing factors, there was a couple of scares that made you jump, and there were some downright painful scenes. Both emotionally and fearfully. The best part was neither of the horror tactics was overused as may be the case in other horror movies. It was suspenseful in all the right places. The jump scares weren't terrible. The gross scenes were artfully done.

It's Creepy, it's chilling, but it's also tasteful.

A lot of horror movies can fall into the trap of being gaudy or downright poorly played. But this one wasn't overbearing or cringy whatsoever. It balanced between horror and not crossing lines very well in my opinion. Some scenes were filmed in a way that gave context and fucked up you up without going over the top.

Warning though, just cause some scene was tastefully done doesn't mean this movie doesn't have its own aspects of fucked-up-ness. It isn't for the faint of heart.

Beyond the horror elements, the Hollywood aspects are also well done.

The acting was quality and the characters likable. They draw you into their universe and sometimes make you feel like you're experiencing it with them. It's rare to find a quality storyline like that within a horror movie but Pet Semetary achieves a successful status as an emotional roller coaster.

Is it as good as the original Pet Semetary?

Well, it's as charming as it's a predecessor. Yes, originals have a certain flavor that can't be tasted the same in any other reboot. Yet, as far as reboots go this one isn't half bad at all. It has its own flavor and quality entertainment. Well, it may not exceed your high expectations of the original, this movie definitely has character and still deserves a spot in the theater. It's still very much worth seeing.

If you love horror you'll adore this movie. I thoroughly did. It was entertaining and deserved the hype it got in the horror fandom. I encourage you to see it if you haven't yet.