Good Guys Always Lose

Good Guys Always Lose

No matter what good people do, we will always be in second place.

884
Good Guys Always Lose

"Hey how are you? Have a great day."

How often do you hear that from someone? Or:

"Here let me help you with that."

As long as the world keeps spinning, the good people in the world will most likely end up with the short end of the stick.

Let's face it, the people who love to put the world on their shoulders and act like they owe them something or feel the need to be complete assholes are the ones that run this world.

And that's why we wonder why the world is like it is.

We are scared. Our society as a whole is scared of going against the norm. We praise the people in charge; we pucker up to the people who pretend to make you feel special; we conform to the "right" ways. We have to pretend to be perfect; we have to do what everyone else is doing.

What are the rest of us? Puppets?

As long as I have lived, I have learned that respect and manners are what get you places and get people to like you.

Do people like me? Well yeah because I'm nice and countless times I have heard that I'm so nice and am a great person but at the end of the day, what do I get out of it?

No matter how many friends we have or how many people think we are "nice," we still sleep every night with not many people there to comfort us or make us feel important.

Instead, the ones we want to be there for us are there for people who really don't care about them at all but they are too dumb to see it.

There's one example.

It seems like no matter how hard we work, it always fails. No matter how good we treat others, something turns on us.

We get up at 5 o'clock in the morning to workout and go to work all day and then we get home and workout some more but each day nothing happens.

The summer ends and we go to do the things we worked all summer for but it doesn't matter. There will always be someone who comes in from someone else and gets the job done better than you. The kids who sat around and didn't do anything still look good and can perform as good as they did before.

There's another example.

We sit down in a room and say nothing, just wanting to be in the presence of our "friends" but we get called out for being "different" when in reality nothing has changed and we are the same as we were before.

We don't judge and could care less about what others do but if we do one thing that's different than what we did in the past, we are "different" than what we were before and it turns to a big deal because people like to start drama when they get bored. It's almost like drama is s necessity to survive.

We can ask for a ride from a friend and they say yes and do you a favor so you try and thank them by giving them gas money and giving them a hug to show your thankfulness, but they turn around to their other friends and complain about you.

Example three.

We go to a party with friends but we are the ones who leave mad because we don't get noticed.

To the cute girl that seems so nice in class and treats you great during the day until you're at a party at night with so many people and they look the other way. They go outside with the attractive guy with the accent who's only looking at their body and going to forget their name in the morning.

It's like day and night with these people. Two different personalities.

We walk back home with our boys and the one girl we have a shot with is all over the kid with the confidence and the charm but no common sense or honest feelings.

Example four.

We try so hard to make others happy and worry about others feelings despite the fact that they don't give a shit about what you're feeling at the same time.

We try to connect with friends from the past but they have found better friends that are cooler.

We try to make friends with others outside the group but get looked at weird because they don't do the same things we do because apparently they don't belong.

We get put in the middle of things all the time because we actually sympathize for both sides.

All of these examples are things we hide everyday. So no matter what, at the end of the day, it never seems to be a win. It always feels like a loss at some point of the day.

But what do we keep doing? We find the "cool" kid to hangout with and we do the "cool" things that we have to do to be noticed, no matter if it's right or wrong. We jump to conclusions and we judge people no matter what they do.

It's like a constant civil war that nobody will admit to being a part of. Nobody will be responsible for changing because nobody can take responsibility for anything they do and in this day and age, it's all about the reputation. It's all about the looks and the bull shit that surrounds our actual feelings.

Yeah we might be the homecoming king or the role model for young ones at home, but as the world takes one step at a time, the nice guy always come up short.

Good guys always seem to lose.