Good Day Sunshine: Importance Of The Sun

Keep radiating

27

The sunshine is always known to be an amazing part of anyones day. It is always seen as positive way to start or to end a day. But why? What makes it so special?

I don't actually know the answers, but I'd like to think I do. Personally, the sun has always been some sort of re-energizing mechanism. It has a confident power that can move you to change, to start over. I have had many encounters that can support perhaps why the sun is so radiating.

Firstly, every single day, without fail, the sun rises and sets. It has it's own routine and schedule to keep up with. To have something that never changes can be comforting for some people. It will always be shining even behind the clouds. There is also some kind of capability that comes with being bright even when there are dark gloomy clouds are in the way.

As you know, light is always seen as an encouragement and some thing that reminds others that there is a bright side. Think about it this way, if you can be strong enough and still shine through all of your troubles or worries, you can be just as strong as the sun. And when you begin to overcome those obstacles, you also begin to transform into a light, not only for you, but for others. That is clearly what the sun does; it illuminates the world around us to make us see, literally and figuratively.

Nowadays, the world is filled with chaos and negativity. Everyone wants a way to start over or at least escape the day's events. This is where the sunset comes into effect. The sunset is and symbolizes the end of the day but also a time to relax. Whereas the sunrise is and showcases the beginning of the day; a time to start fresh. When the sun rises in the morning it is also a way to recharge your body. A whole new day to conquer the world and keep moving forward; how lucky are we to have that opportunity and we have the sun to help us.

Not only is there a mental feeling of a fresh start but physically there is a benefit to being exposed to the sun. According to Healthline.com, you can receive a big boost of vitamin-D just by being in the sun for about 5-15 minutes two to three times a day. It vastly improves your health. Obviously, you shouldn't be exposed to the sun too much but getting just the right amount can greatly impact your daily life. You may even feel more awake if you go out to the sunlight instead of being stuck inside.

Along with its immediate effect and the fact that the sun is amazing there are also some other ways the sun helps you and you didn't even realize it. For example, songs about the sun. One of my favorite mornings I've experienced on a retreat included waking up to three amazing people singing, "Good Day Sunshine" by The Beatles. I will always have a boost of energy when I hear that iconic song. Don't forget about "Walking On Sunshine" by Katrina and The Waves. It just emits some kind of glowing energy; something you can't explain or escape from.

The sun is always around us and will continue to fuel and guide us. I know it may seem silly to think about the sun so much, but it does so much for us I think we should appreciate it more. Don't forget to share the light that the sun has offered you; keep radiating.