Goldrush Interview With Heavy Hitter, Fransis Derelle

Check out my interview with one of Goldrush's heavy hitters, Fransis Derelle

29
Malik Shelp Photography

Fransis Derelle absolutely threw down at Goldrush AZ 2017 on the middle stage, Pioneer’s Peak. Early in his set he made it very clear he wasn’t going to waste any time to perform a killer set that made people throw down in the 90-degree heat. Fransis Derelle has been on the up and up this year just releasing a new single, “Bang” and planning on releasing an EP soon. I got the chance to sit down with Fransis Derelle after his set and talk about his life in music so far and some of his goals for next year.

Fransis Derelle always had an interest in music but for him, it was more of a hobby than something he thought he could do as a living. He talked about how in high school he was a loner, and used that personal time to create music. “All of my friends played sports and I didn’t really play sports, so I always dabbled in music on Virtual DJ while my friends were at practice.” It was at EDC 2014 when Fransis Derelle got the push he needed to decide to start taking music seriously when he heard one of his songs being played. “I was just jamming out and one of my friends was like, ‘Hey isn’t this your song?’ and I realized maybe I could actually do this full time” and that is exactly what he did.

In 2015 Fransis Derelle came up in a big releasing loads of remixes and music making sure that there was no shortage of exposure to his name. I asked about the support he got from his friends and family and luckily he said, “My parents have been super supportive, and my mom is my biggest fan. My friends dropped everything and came to my first festival with only a 5-day notice which was amazing.” Fast forward 2 years and Fransis Derelle just released “Bang” with Mikey Cesar and is signed to Circus Records. When I asked him what it’s like being signed to Circus he said, “It’s awesome, they are so easy to work with, much easier than some of the other labels he has had to work with in the past.”

As 2017 starts to wind down, many are looking to 2018 to be a big year for music and many are wondering who will make an impact and I can honestly say I believe Fransis Derelle will absolutely destroy 2018. “Honestly, if I didn’t make any music in 2018 I have enough right now to stay relevant all of 2018. I’ve got a remix for Two Owls, a remix of Wolves by Marshmello and Selena Gomez, and I’m releasing my EP.” It really seems like he is ready to hit the ground running next year and make an impact in a big way.

A huge part of making music an being successful in this industry is where you find inspiration and while Fransis Derelle mentioned that Flux Pavilion was a big inspiration he talked about how his manager also inspired him. “It’s awesome to see someone who started by doing desert raves to actually be throwing festivals now and to be a part of that journey with him.” Right now, it seems like Fransis Derelle has a strong team behind him and a support system that will help him no matter what which makes me excited to see where he will be this time next year.