Why Going To EDC Alone Was The Best Decision I Ever Made

I found my bliss under the electric sky.

1199
Facebook

In 2012, I went to my first EDM (Electronic Dance Music) show — and my life, in regards of live music, was changed forever. Electric Daisy Carnival Las Vegas had always been a distant dream; but this year, for the 20th anniversary of the festival, I made it a reality. I started a payment plan for the event tickets in October, and by January, I had everything all figured out. I was ready to dance three magical nights away "under the electric sky." Here are three reasons why going to EDC (Electric Daisy Carnival) alone was the best decision I’ve ever made.

1. Music, duh!

Insomniac Events created an app specifically to help Headliners (those attending the event) navigate, plan and enjoy EDC. The app gives Headliners the option to make their own personal schedule showing when and where their favorite DJs played. There were, probably, 100’s of DJs playing under the electric sky over those three magical days, and let me say, picking and choosing who I wanted to see and who I had to sacrifice was a heart-wrenching thing to do.

I tried to come up with a list of the top 10 DJs I HAD to see, and then I created my schedule around those set days and times. Since I was, technically, alone, (even though I ended up with a beautiful rave fam during this trip) I didn’t have anyone tugging at my shirt sleeve when I was headed to different sets. This ended up making my schedule so much less stressful and I was able to adventure the venue, ride the carnival rides, eat some amazing food and dance like it was my last day on Earth!

2. One N Only Travel Service

Since I was going alone I needed to figure out a hotel situation. A lovely gal from ONO contacted me out of the blue. I didn’t know Gina before she reached out to me and it all started with her asking one question, “Is this your first EDC?” She was so sweet, genuine and answered all of my questions without hesitation. Gina reassured me that I would not be alone in this trip.

I met so many other amazing people through One N Only; people who I would do anything I could to help them and I know they would do the same for me. Going alone made me come out of my comfort zone and meet new people. I am forever grateful to ONO for giving me amazing people to experience such an event like Electric Daisy Carnival with.

3. Life is hard

I’m pretty sure people my age can agree that life is really hard. We’re expected to be amazing students, have a jam-packed social life, be in shape and be up-to-date on everything going on in the world we live in! Side note: there is so much going on in the world we live in and 97 percent sucks and makes me want to live on Mars. Anywho, EDC was my escape from it all and even though my friends bailed on me, I know my heart needed this — and $1,200 later, I was on my way to the perfect getaway and it did not disappoint.

I met amazing people from all over the world: Canada, Mexico, Taiwan, California, New York, everywhere! I got to see some of my all time favorite DJs live at the most anticipated massive EDM festival of the year, and I made memories that will last forever and ever. This experience honestly changed who I am and showed me that through all of my hard work and all of my struggles, I could find bliss.