Going Back To School As A College Student

The time of your life when you want to go back

12
Wikipedia

It's finally that time of year again -- the both dreaded and anticipated end of summer. The three long months of being away from school are coming to close.

While summer vacation, catching up with family, and making up for lost time with high school friends are all fun, when August gets here, most college students are done. Your skin is five shades darker, and your hair is a shade you didn’t even know existed. You’ve got nothing else to look forward to and you’re ready to get back to school.

1. You love your family, but after being away for long periods of time, they start to annoy you just by breathing.

After having a taste of freedom, being in your house all summer long with your parents breathing down your neck is just too much to handle. I will be sad to leave my parents, do not get me wrong, but I miss being able to take off my shoes where I want and watching Netflix without my parents looking at me like I should be "doing something productive."

2. You miss your friends.

I have the most amazing friends at school and texting them for a short time is doable, but after a while, you just want to see them whenever you want without having to plan a short road trip.

3. You no longer have to work a full-time job.

Lots of people have jobs in college, but its nice to have something to do other than work all-day-every-day. Breaks are important and you need to implement a real social life that you just can’t have when you’re working a full time job.

4. You will get back to a routine.

If you don’t have a job in the summer, you could just be sitting at home watching Netflix all day while you wait on your friends to get off from their job.

5. You miss your city and your school.

I like my hometown most of the time, but the city my school is in has become my favorite place. It has become the home away from home, and really nothing could be better.

You can’t wait to get back to the place you left your heart three months ago.

I have been counting down the days until I go back to school since the day I came home and finally, we are on the home stretch of summer. I have enjoyed every minute of the trips I’ve gone on. I have enjoyed my family, and I have enjoyed my job, but I am ready to start another school year.