So God Made A Teacher

So God Made A Teacher

And He saw His creation was good.

70
So God Made A Teacher

God looked down from Heaven one day

And saw the children running wild and free-

“I need someone to keep today’s youth,” He thought;

So God made a teacher.

Quickly He realized the children needed more than a keeper,

But also an encourager and a comforter-

Someone who believed in them when the world did not;

So God made a teacher.

God needed someone to impact the youth-

To teach them right and wrong,

To set them up for a successful future-

So God made a teacher.

And He saw His creation was good.

Being a teacher's daughter and a future teacher myself, I view teachers in a slightly different light than most people. I cannot count the times I have heard "Are you sure about being a teacher?" or "You don't really want to do that...do you?" Also, I want to be a middle grades teacher, so when I say that I receive an even broader array of crazy looks and shocked expressions.

But those are the people who miss the point of being a teacher. I'm not pursuing teaching because of the salary or because it seems like an "easy job," but because I feel called to. I have had multiple teachers in my life who have influenced me, pushed me to be my best, and made me want to be an educatorjust like they are. I see the power and ability teachers have to influence their students and lead them in the right direction. Teachers are those who are helping to grow, mature, and educate the future of our society. Teachers have the real power in this world.

I've watched my mom influence her students' lives, and I've watched them come back to her years later and still have a bond with her. Now, I know not every situation will be this way, especially in middle school education, where it will rarely happen at all, but I cannot wait for these moments because they are the moments that make it worth it.

Teachers, keep doing what you're doing now because there are students out there just like me who are inspired to walk in your footsteps because of the impact you've had on their lives.

Future teachers, do not let anyone look down on you for pursuing this profession. Teaching is difficult; it takes a special calling to be able to handle it, but it is so worth it. The world needs great teachers.

Be sure to thank the teachers around you rather than look down on them. They are maturing the future generations.

God made a teacher for a special purpose, and He still sees His creation as good.