God's Lack Of Healing Is Not Lack Of Goodness.

God's Lack Of Healing Is Not A Lack Of Goodness

His will above mine time after time.

196
https://unsplash.com/photos/BmXDpCCQCLY

One of my favorite Christian songs of all-time is "Even If" by MercyMe. The chorus reads "I know you're able and I know you can, save through the fire with your mighty hand, but even if you don't, my hope is you alone."

Do you feel like you're in the fire? My 10 plus years of struggle with my mental health often feels like the fire. In the midst of fire, prayer is often a Christian's first thought. Prayer is powerful and necessary, but more often than not, in the midst of our troubles, we pray to be healed, saved, and for life to be fixed.

God is the healer, but our prayers can't be all about us. When we pray for healing again and again and see no change, we are likely to feel let down and disappointed. Why isn't this good thing we are asking for coming to fruition?

My answer to these questions comes from a guest speaker at my church, who once said, "Just because God doesn't heal, does not mean He is not the Healer."

We think that because God can heal, that He will in every situation. This is not always the case. In Psalm 34 it says, "Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all. He keeps all his bones, not one of them is broken."

We are going to have afflictions in this life, but God is going to deliver us. He might not deliver us from them in our lifetime, but we are promised eternal life, and an eternal deliverance. We may be beat up by life, but He will not allow our bones to be broken. He will not break us. We are His children.

So try changing your prayers. Ask God for His will to be done, not your own, and for His name to be glorified, no matter the outcome.

Perhaps your pain can be used for God's good, both in your life and the lives around you. We must have faith in a God that does not punish us aimlessly or for His own sport. Our pain is never in vain.

There is another song that I love called "Let the Waters Rise" by Mikeschair. It's kind of an old song, but I love the message it sends. The chorus reads, "There's a raging sea right in front of me, wants to pull me in, bring me to my knees. So let the waters rise if You want them to. I will follow You."

When we are faced with our trials, our first thought should not be "Get me out of here!" it should be "I will follow You." Put God's will ahead of your own and let Him lead you through your trials, leading you by the hand.

He is able and He can save us, don't ever doubt His power to heal you instantly, but trust that if He is making you wait, or if your situation in life is less than ideal, that He has a plan. He knows what He's doing far more than we ever will.