God Is For Me, I Will Not Fear

God Is For Me, I Will Not Fear

When I am afraid, I put my trust in You.

185

Fear has and always will be a universal problem. We can all relate to fear in one form or another. You don't ever plan to be afraid unless you are into that kind of thing. For the people that aren't into that, you don't ever say, "Well, I think I need to get afraid now." You don't plan to be afraid — it just happens. While you can't control fear from happening, you can learn to stop it from continuing.

With God, who is here for us, we don't have to welcome fear into our lives.

Fear is not okay because it expresses the opposite of all that Christianity is to be. Fear is the contradiction of faith. Faith says, "whatever it is, it'll be okay because of God." Fear says the exact opposite, that it isn't going to be okay. Fear is relying on completing the independent self and your own mind. Romans 8:15 tells us, "You did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear," and 2 Timothy 1:7 says "God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control." I think you get it.

Fear doesn't belong in our lives as Christians.

Now the question is how? The antidote for fear is the promise of God. It's the ABCs of Christianity. To admit that you are a sinner and Jesus died for you, to believe that He was buried and three days He was risen, and to confess Him as Lord. God is with us all. How can you be afraid if you truly grasp the idea that the He is for us?

I love Jeremiah 23:23-24. "Can a man hide himself in secret place?" As in, God will never find me. God says, "Do I not fill heaven and earth?"

You can't hide from God. God is our close friend who is sitting next to us everywhere we go. It doesn't matter if you can't see Him in your life. It doesn't matter if you can feel him working through you. We can't feel God at all times but God is right there with us in our darkest days. Right now, wherever you are and whatever you are going through, imagine Lord Jesus is in the next room, on His knees. Imagine Him crying out to you.

Every day He is calling out to us, jealous of our attention. There is no reason to fear because He wants us forever and always. Romans 8:31 is the best news Christians can ever hear. "If God is for us, who can be against us?" What problem is too big and what enemy is too strong and what issue is greater than the love of God that causes your fear? God is our Defender, Helper, Sovereign Lord, and Savior. He stands by every single one of us in our toughest times and says, "I will never leave you nor forsake you" (Hebrews 13:5).

The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid.
What can mere mortals do to me?

Fear is a natural inclination. But always keep in mind, God is for us.